gold valves worth the money

6 replies to this topic
  • dwnlowx

Posted July 14, 2006 - 09:14 AM

i am looking to redoing my suspension and i was wondering if i should even do it yet seeing that i only have 40 hrs on my bike ,and the fact that iam not pro yet but what do i do also i was qouted 1000 dollars for gold valves front and rear and hevier springs in the front and rear as weel for 1000 out the door any input is appreciated

• xtreme165

Posted July 14, 2006 - 09:20 AM

I just had my 06 revalved with race tech gold valves and heavier spring's front and rear. $1000 is to much! I had a little in $500 in mine total, I bought the valves and spring's and took them to a guy I know and he only charged me $100 to put everythign in. I guess if you are paying retail that's the price as the gold valves are pricey but I get 10% over cost at the dealer I deal with. I would check around buy the valving and spring's your self and find someone to do it for you. I went with type 2 valving up front and type 1 in the rear as this is what the guy told me to get that does suspension all the time and it's alot better now for me.

• SpringChicken

Posted July 14, 2006 - 09:43 AM

A revalve and respring will make you much happier whether you are a pro or not. Your bike will just be more fun to ride. The better suspension will probably make you a better rider too. It's the best thing you can do to your bike IMO. I'd skip the gold valves though. They aren't that much better. You probably wouldn't even notice them. Not worth the money to me. If you're rich, that's another story.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MotoGoalie

Posted July 14, 2006 - 12:57 PM

A lot of people in the know do not like the approach of using Gold Valves for revalving.
Go look around in the suspension forum.

Your price is way too high btw.

• ben_suhard

Posted July 14, 2006 - 01:37 PM

You can get your suspension revalved and resprung without getting Gold Valves, that's what I'd do if it was my money.

• Reyndogg

Posted July 14, 2006 - 01:55 PM

I think that's a terrible price for a not-made-for-you solution.

You could send your forks and shock to RG3, MB1, Pro Circuit, Enzo, etc etc etc and get new springs and valving set up for you and the way you ride for a lot less than 1000 bucks all day long...

• SurvivorMan

Posted July 14, 2006 - 05:13 PM

Whats better? Is it the new valves or the fact that you now have fresh, good quality oil and bushings in your forks? of coarse the new valves feel better, you also got a fork service at the same time. before you try new valves and pay big bucks, bring your forks to a suspension guy for just a service (new oil, seals and bushings if needed) all of this should cost just around$100. Have you ever felt the reservoir tank on the right side of your bike for your rear shock after a moto, especially a really choppy track?? it will be burning hot. cheap stock oil burns up quick and becomes useless. Also, check your sag and make sure you have a fresh front tire on, presto! sweet front end!!

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.