First Ride on a NEW Bike

5 replies to this topic
  • shifty450

Posted July 14, 2006 - 05:45 AM

I had never bought a brand new bike. 2 Weeks ago I bought an '06 WR450! I have only ridden it in the dealer's parking lot. It will all change this weekend! I am riding it for real for the first time! I cannot wait! And, I have never ridden a 4-stroker before either! I am going from a 1990 CR250R to this. It is gonna be so sweet! If any of you live, or are going to be in northern Minnesota Saturday, come ride the Gilbert OHV Park with me! I am #611. See you 'round!

Stroker Ace. Born to Race.

• face_plant

Posted July 14, 2006 - 06:35 AM

oh yea your in for a treat........same here hot my 05 tuesday and yesterday was the 1st real off road adventure ) i had it places my 99kx250 wouldnt go sunk it up to the choke knob and drove out, nasty muddy hill climbs, quad trashed forrest creek trails. never laid it down and never got stuck its a beast.
bty it will make your cr look like a mini bike ) serously dont do the mods until you are comfoetable with it. read the book and change the oil OFTEN :ride:

• shifty450

Posted July 14, 2006 - 06:48 AM

Thanks for the reply. But too late. Already did the mods. I am very impatient.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OneToGo

Posted July 14, 2006 - 07:28 AM

Welcome.
My bet is you wont regret it...What? Buying Blue and the free mods...of course.
Like you said, cant wait! Knew the feeling 6 months ago..
Enjoy :ride:

PS. The Yamaha Forums (WR and YZ) are seemingly quite mature in the dialogue - meaning you will usually get valid, timely and "on the money" info.
This Forum offers WAY more than you could hope to get from ANY Yamaha dealer I know of. :ride:

• shifty450

Posted July 14, 2006 - 08:35 AM

I agree. This site has been an incredible find for me. I am not very mechanically inclined so the step by step instructions i have gotten from other riders have been huge helps. Dirt bike riders are some of the nicest and most helpful people you can find. Anyway, I'll post a thread with how the ride went. I haven't crashed in 3 years so i hope i don't this weekend. WIll let you know.

• bluebike1999

Posted July 14, 2006 - 02:30 PM

PS. The Yamaha Forums (WR and YZ) are seemingly quite mature in the dialogue - meaning you will usually get valid, timely and "on the money" info.
This Forum offers WAY more than you could hope to get from ANY Yamaha dealer I know of. :ride:[/QUOTE]

i dont understand why every yamaha dealer doesnt include the tt website in the manual, but then again, they probably make a fortune out of little issues that are easily sorted here.

welcome to wr world
now you can do anything, anytime and still be at the pointy end of the pack

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.