Pro Racing Suspension for 650R

5 replies to this topic
  • philipstjohn

Posted July 14, 2006 - 04:00 AM

Hey Guys,
Does anyone know anything about Pro Racing Suspension out of Utah, and if they do good work? Please let me know. I found a street titled 06, 650R, with suspension re done by this guy. Also, it is uncorked, has a BRP triple clamp w/ protapers, uni filter,works conection frame guards, baja designs quick release set up and a few other little goodies. Also, I guess the guy is short, as he put in a Kuba Link lowering arm. Any problem with this, or can I just put back in the original link and be back to normal? Please give some feedback. He is asking $6000/ with less than 500 miles on it. Think it is a good deal? :ride:

• ponq

Posted July 14, 2006 - 10:24 AM

I don't know anything about the suspension.

I think you can find a better deal.

What are your main objectives?

-Do you have to have a bike with less than 500 miles on it
-Do you need a bike with an "upgraded" suspension? If you do is it set up for your weight?
-Does it have to be street legal, or can you do this yourself.
-Does it have to have certain aftermarket parts or is a corked oem bike fine, that you could upgrade later?
-Does it have to be local? Can you pick it up somewhere or have it shipped?

I think depending on what your answers are, you could find a xr650r in the range of $3000 that will meet most of those criteria.

Here is one:
http://www.advrider....ad.php?t=147908
another
http://www.advrider....ighlight=XR650R
and there are always a few on ebay.

Sometimes time plays a factor and you need it now, but most of the time you don't.

• x400r

Posted July 14, 2006 - 10:41 AM

seems like a hell of a deal for and 06

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • philipstjohn

Posted July 14, 2006 - 11:37 AM

My problem is in Florida you can not title a bike for "off road use only" as of 1998. So I am stuck searching for a titled bike out of state, which I can then bring back and have it titled in FL. And it is hard for me to just buy a bike without seeing it. This bike is where a friend can look at it and ride it for me. I think I am stuck maybe paying more for what I want or I may not get it!

• pburke

Posted July 14, 2006 - 01:35 PM

My problem is in Florida you can not title a bike for "off road use only" as of 1998. So I am stuck searching for a titled bike out of state, which I can then bring back and have it titled in FL. And it is hard for me to just buy a bike without seeing it. This bike is where a friend can look at it and ride it for me. I think I am stuck maybe paying more for what I want or I may not get it!

but $6k? I have been in the market for about 6 weeks and I have seen about a half dozen titled 650Rs, all below $4500 and in most cases in very sharp condtion, because the folks who go through the trouble to convert the bike to street use are "abnormal" in their interest in bikes.

Now, here's what I decided to buy, and it'll be in my garage in about 9 days, for $3600, requiring a 10 hour round trip drive with a trailer to my neigboring state where the plates are much easier to obtain than in Wisconsin:

'01 XR650R
Baja Designs light kit (brake switch front and back)
Ricky stator 2 x 100 Watt coil (AC for headlight, DC for the rest)
Baja designs LED tail light
Pro Moto Billet rack.
FMF Q pipe.
Edlebrock Quicksilver carb.
Clark tank 4.3 gallon
Aluminum handle bars.
Trail Tech endurance speedometer.
Maxis Promax street tires.
15 tooth front sprocket
45 tooth rear sprocket
Alum bars.
Two mirrors with adapters that mount them to clutch and brake clamps.
Stainless steel oil filter.
new bearings in shock linkage

plus all the original parts, bike always on Mobil 1 5W50, etc etc

Saves me a ton of upgrades. All I have planned for the immediate future is dirt tires and some minor changes such as handle bar risers and some better hand guards. The rest will be decided once I get used to the bike.

And - if I don't like the condition of the bike when I go to pick it up, I don't have to buy it and will just look for another one.

And don't trust the stock odometer - that can easily be turned over, etc. The condition of the bike is what really matters.

Peter

• loufish

Posted July 14, 2006 - 04:16 PM

I know nothing about Pro Racing Suspension, I had George at ESP set up both ends of my bike...made a HUGE difference!

http://www.espfactoryracing.com/

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.