06 WR Seems to be running hot

4 replies to this topic
  • nls

Posted July 13, 2006 - 02:51 PM

Hey everybody just had my 05 wr 450 stolen out of the back of my truck the night before i was going to Kentucky to go riding. So i bought a new one 06 wr 450 the same day and went anyway. My new bike seems to be running hot. I can hear the water boiling when i stop on a hill or something . Took it back to the dealer and they called yamaha and noted that i had a complaint. They said to ride it and there was nothing wrong with it. Anyone else had problems with it being hot. I mean my right foot got really hot and i didn't ride it that hard. Plenty of oil and antifreeze.

• luckyfly

Posted July 13, 2006 - 02:54 PM

I'd first check the jetting, possibly running lean.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dodjy

Posted July 13, 2006 - 06:01 PM

It will be too lean, especially in the pilot and needle jetting. Do the free mods and follow the jetting charts, should need about a 48 pilot and adjustable needle and fuel screw at a minimum but look up your altitude and temperature in the jetting charts first. That'll get you close.

• bluebike1999

Posted July 13, 2006 - 08:14 PM

nls
congratulations on how you can get over something and get on with it, regarding having your bike pinched.
i think my first pragraph would have included lots of %^##^7 stuff and my plans on how i was going to find the dog who took it and ........

"so i bought a new one the same day and went anyway"

now thats commitment to turn up on the ride if ever i saw it......
nice to be able to
well done

• OneToGo

Posted July 13, 2006 - 11:36 PM

It will be too lean, especially in the pilot and needle jetting. Do the free mods and follow the jetting charts, should need about a 48 pilot and adjustable needle and fuel screw at a minimum but look up your altitude and temperature in the jetting charts first. That'll get you close.

Agreed - it is way lean at lower throtle settings.
Also get rid of the AIS, adds air to burn in the exhaust - result is a very hot header and popping.
See sticky and performance mods in:
http://www.thumperFAQ.com
These are MUST do for the 06.
Enjoy and bad luck with the 05 - there are some scum about :ride:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.