Oil change xr600r

3 replies to this topic
  • Supermoto XR600r

Posted July 13, 2006 - 12:20 PM

Hi All,

Going to sound very stupid now but when i changed the oil and filter last wk what came out of the frame was only about a litre, is there another oil drain on the engine that i can release the rest of the oil?

Many thanks
Paul

• oud31

Posted July 13, 2006 - 02:09 PM

Yes there is right by the shift lever on the crank case. It takes two qt's to fill, after oil is drained. Put one qt in and run engine for 5 min, then put in other qt

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Supermoto XR600r

Posted July 13, 2006 - 02:43 PM

cheers dude i knew that had to be another one

• Slim Shadetree

Posted July 13, 2006 - 03:55 PM

http://www.members.s...pher/Xr600.html

feeling stupid is half the fun ! i made this website detailing the stupidness i've experienced in the first month of owning my 600 for all the newbs to follow in our footsteps. :ride:

i'll add more newb-friendly stuff as i do it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.