Getting ready to supermotar my 06 650L...

5 replies to this topic
  • lizzie_horn

Posted July 13, 2006 - 01:17 AM

Hello to all! I am new to this group and wanted to check out your community. Not sure how many Forum users have XR 650 (L or R) - I have one of each, but have given the R to a buddy who needed a bike. I love my 06 650L - and have rejetted it, added a ProCircuit pipe, Protapers, and Cycra ProBends. I have ordered 17" black Excels with gold Talons, Buchannans, and Dunlop supermoto tires. They arrive in 2 days. Has anyone here done the same or similar in terms of superm? Opinions? Credentials?

Also, I just moved from the Bay Area (SF) where my SO and I ran a bike shop up at the top of the Santa Cruz Mountains (Alices). We moved up to Leavenworth, Washington b/c (1) its gorgeous (2) lots of fun tourists (3) we bought what will be Wa state's first biker-friendly bed and breakfast, bike shop, gas station and convenience store! Opening Labor Day weekend, we will service ALL makes of bikes, and provide a great place to stay while you're visiting. Check us out as we get closer to opening day and get the website up, etc.

Helloo to all, love to hear from you guys :-)

• mgs781

Posted July 13, 2006 - 01:44 AM

Hello to all! I am new to this group and wanted to check out your community. Not sure how many Forum users have XR 650 (L or R) - I have one of each, but have given the R to a buddy who needed a bike. I love my 06 650L - and have rejetted it, added a ProCircuit pipe, Protapers, and Cycra ProBends. I have ordered 17" black Excels with gold Talons, Buchannans, and Dunlop supermoto tires. They arrive in 2 days. Has anyone here done the same or similar in terms of superm? Opinions? Credentials?

Also, I just moved from the Bay Area (SF) where my SO and I ran a bike shop up at the top of the Santa Cruz Mountains (Alices). We moved up to Leavenworth, Washington b/c (1) its gorgeous (2) lots of fun tourists (3) we bought what will be Wa state's first biker-friendly bed and breakfast, bike shop, gas station and convenience store! Opening Labor Day weekend, we will service ALL makes of bikes, and provide a great place to stay while you're visiting. Check us out as we get closer to opening day and get the website up, etc.

Helloo to all, love to hear from you guys :-)

Some of us have gone a little further.

http://www.thumperta...achmentid=13913

The bike responds well to increased compression and a performance cam. You are on the right track.

MGS

• Framer1

Posted July 13, 2006 - 05:24 PM

Is the power potential equal in both the L and the R?
What could it be?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • justicedone

Posted July 13, 2006 - 06:51 PM

Is that a can of worms I hear.....

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted July 14, 2006 - 03:08 AM

What could it be?

uh-oh....

this one is gonna get interesting!
:ride:

• XR650L_Dave

Posted July 14, 2006 - 08:28 AM

Nope.
You can get quite a bit of power out of the L (plenty for any use), but you can't beat the newer design or the liquid cooling.

Dave

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.