01 XR650R Funny Vibe Last Nite After 60mils

1 reply to this topic
  • muctar

Posted July 12, 2006 - 10:57 PM

I got a funny feel last night on way back from balisterton area. It might have the chain, it almost felt the chain was getting ready to slip a tooth?, which I have don years ago. Its possible that I was short on lube, I think. There is only 2000mls on chain. Checked for bad link or stuck. Checked tension Guides etc. There appears to be some oil once and a while coming from two like shear pins above shift lever? One looks to be leaking after long rides. Lots of power, runs great. Possible lube, Valve adj, looking for info on any quicks. Thanks to tirebiter I know a few

Thanks " JR " :ride: :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fordskin

Posted July 13, 2006 - 12:16 AM

It didn't take long for my rear sprocket to chew out the bolts holding them on. It gave a big jerk on a road ride one day so i pulled over and found only 2 loose bolts were left. I got some high tensile ones in there now with lock nuts and spring washers. Big torquey beast it is.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.