WR450 plastics without lights

10 replies to this topic
  • MrBill1

Posted July 12, 2006 - 08:49 AM

Does anyone know if I can buy a front number plate and a rear fender without lights on either? If so where? Or possibly buy something close and modify?
Thanks.

• sfcmaw328

Posted July 12, 2006 - 09:00 AM

You can use the YZ 450 plate and rear fender that is what I have on mine. I prefer the CYRCA Stadium plate for the front it stays in place a lot better and fits better than a regular number plate.

• SJMC_DON

Posted July 12, 2006 - 09:40 AM

Yes, just buy the YZ fender and plate pre 06'. Depending on what model WR you have you may have to go back further in the YZ designation, the fenders changed when they went from steel to aluminum sub-frames. If you are still running the coolant resevoir you have to make some cuts in the fender but the Acerbis fender pretty much has these cut-outs marked for you :ride:

If the above post number plate works as good as he says it does I would go for that..... The Acerbis one tends to break at the little prongs that go into the lower triple clamp, you have to kind of McGyver the upper mount whether you fab a bracket or just use zip ties like I do.

Good luck :ride:

• MrBill1

Posted July 12, 2006 - 12:36 PM

Yes, just buy the YZ fender and plate pre 06'. Depending on what model WR you have you may have to go back further in the YZ designation, the fenders changed when they went from steel to aluminum sub-frames. If you are still running the coolant resevoir you have to make some cuts in the fender but the Acerbis fender pretty much has these cut-outs marked for you :ride:

If the above post number plate works as good as he says it does I would go for that..... The Acerbis one tends to break at the little prongs that go into the lower triple clamp, you have to kind of McGyver the upper mount whether you fab a bracket or just use zip ties like I do.

Good luck :ride:

I did not mention that my bike is an '06. So does that change anything? Can I buy a pre 06 YZ fender and get it to fit?

• Tilson51

Posted July 12, 2006 - 04:02 PM

can some 1 answer my dads next question please lol. its for my bike lol

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • johnnyjeep

Posted July 12, 2006 - 09:20 PM

The 03 - 05 fender works for the 06, just did mine that way.

John in Vegas

• MrBill1

Posted July 13, 2006 - 05:14 AM

Thanks JohnnyJeep. We will give it a try.

• Dube2

Posted July 13, 2006 - 06:47 AM

why ye got be WR hatters? :ride: if ye wanted a YZ, ye should have bought one. they are lighter, cheaper and quicker than the WR. that's a lot of work to just have one more gear and and one inch smaller rear wheel/tire. even Ty Davis plans on riding a WR soon.

05 WR 450(me)
05 PW50(son)
05 Cinese Quad(daughter)
05 2500HD
05 25' Attitude Toy Hauler
78 RD 400E(me)
06 or 07 WR comming soon.

• MrBill1

Posted July 13, 2006 - 07:06 AM

Dube2,
I wanted a green stickered bike because we are in California. YZ's are red stickered and present a problem riding year around. Did not want my son running from the rangers on a regular basis. I would have loved to get a YZ instead.

• Dube2

Posted July 14, 2006 - 06:54 AM

Hey Mrbill1,

I guess you have a point, :ride: I look at the safety part of the thing. :ride: having the head light, other riders could see you from a distance. and some of our rides go into the evening. I hear you on the green sticker issue. my buddy picked up a YZ just because he had to have the extra power, but when it comes to the weekend rides in gorman or other sanctioned areas, he can't go. Bummer :ride: good luck bro....

• Tilson51

Posted July 16, 2006 - 08:01 AM

Ya im Mr Bills son and if we do night ride at pismo, we either take the buggys and quads, or we take the trucks. It just depends on what we are in the mood for.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.