10 minits and i was out of oil. whats going on?

61 replies to this topic
  • RLthumper

Posted July 13, 2006 - 07:20 PM

99%!!????! not hardly! Did you make up those statistics? Do you know what statistics are?

dude, kyle, dont get bent out of shape. we both know that he has no idea what a percentage actually is.

• mpl239

Posted July 13, 2006 - 08:33 PM

I suspect this dood (dude for those wo can spell) is going to end up as a Darwin Award Winner. I shall not read his ignorant crap any more.

• GONE1445

Posted July 13, 2006 - 09:06 PM

Everyone - don't worry summer break will be over in about a month and he will be back in grade school.

don't say that I don't wanna go back to school :ride:

• barch88

Posted July 13, 2006 - 09:39 PM

don't say that I don't wanna go back to school :banana:

I do. Senior year, graduate, go to UCLA for college then medical school :ride: :ride: :ride:

• grayracer513

Posted July 14, 2006 - 07:19 AM

The small hose is connected back to the top of your oil tank and is for excess pressurized oil to return to the tank. If the small hose is not ran to the tank or is blocked off it can/will damage your motor.

This is wrong. The small hose exists for the purpose of balancing the internal atmospheric pressure of the oil tank with that of the crankcase while keeping the oil tank sealed off from outside air. Without that being done, pressure in the crankcase from leaking combustion gases could easily rise enough above the pressure in the tank to prevent oil from flowing down the feed line. The tank could be simply vented to the air and work just as well, but venting to the engine keeps it closed. The only time oil would move through this line would be if the system were filled beyond the amount the tank was capable of holding. The excess return oil would run back to the engine (and make a smoky mess).

The only way you could cause engine damage by misrouting that line is is you were to close it off so that the tank could not vent correctly.

• RCannon

Posted July 14, 2006 - 08:05 AM

I'm sorry to inform you, but you should probably consider castration at this point. Every single post of yours lacks common intelligence. On top of this your handle is get drunk and you are the epitomy of the quad rider who ruins it for everyone. If you think their is no oil in your motor, drain it first to find out, don't waste time and web space with your crap. Telling us that you got your butt kicked in a bar demonstrates your character even further. I have to trust that someone in the military has vastly more intelligence than you and I for one am happy that he took care of business. I can only imagine what you are like under the influence of alcohol. Most of the people on this board would have probably done the same given the circumstances. I have never met you, I can only use the context clues, but I doubt you are an asset to our sport. Please reconsider your involvement in riding on public lands and giving the rest of us a bad name.

Thank You

http://teamxracing.c...topic=176&st=0

I nominate this post for the hall of fame. If we dont have a hall of fame, we should make one.

• getdrunk

Posted July 14, 2006 - 09:51 AM

Yeah, but as long as you go to class you like automatically pass...:ride:

um no. you actualy have to do more work than a normal school. instead of getting taught the whole class period on how t odo it we just get handed teh work and do it. if you atomaticly pass then why did i have like 6 classes last year and ggot 3 credits? hu. if teh kids arnt doing better than in the other school then they get kicked out or else teh school will get shut down. and now this coming year theirs a shit load of druggies coming to my school. now their will be like 25 kids in my class which is the whole school.

• Birdy426

Posted July 14, 2006 - 11:09 AM

uuummm, dood...it's "the", not "teh"

• getdrunk

Posted July 14, 2006 - 11:19 AM

uuummm, dood...it's "the", not "teh"

:ride: I know that. I got this thing i forgot what it's called but like i spell stuff back words alot.

• Doughnut

Posted July 14, 2006 - 11:51 AM

:ride: I know that. I got this thing i forgot what it's called but like i spell stuff back words alot.

I'd say you do! Most of us 'round here call it common sense...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Crash Ash

Posted July 14, 2006 - 11:59 AM

Getdrunk, it's called Dyslexic. You are Dyslexic, please take your time when you write your questions and don't write when you are drunk!

• getdrunk

Posted July 14, 2006 - 12:06 PM

Getdrunk, it's called Dyslexic. You are Dyslexic, please take your time when you write your questions and don't write when you are drunk!

Yeah thats what it is. I got a couple things.

• barch88

Posted July 14, 2006 - 12:29 PM

um no. you actualy have to do more work than a normal school. instead of getting taught the whole class period on how t odo it we just get handed teh work and do it. if you atomaticly pass then why did i have like 6 classes last year and ggot 3 credits? hu. if teh kids arnt doing better than in the other school then they get kicked out or else teh school will get shut down. and now this coming year theirs a shit load of druggies coming to my school. now their will be like 25 kids in my class which is the whole school.

You had 6 classes last year, .5 per class = 3 credits...That's why. :ride: It's per semester, you get a total of 6 credits throughout the entire year, at least that's what it is for us. 25 kids is your whole school...HAHAHAHAHAHA. :ride:

• crfmatt

Posted July 14, 2006 - 12:30 PM

I really, really wish I could say what I want to. Really.

Now that one made me laugh, however its funny since its true. I bet 98 percent of the ppl would like to say some stuff that they cant w/o getting kicked out of here.

• Blue4Ever

Posted July 14, 2006 - 03:36 PM

Getdrunk, I must say for someone whom has been bashed as much as you in this thread you have exhibited good self control. That's more than can be said for some! The statement "Don't worry about the haters, let the haters worry about you." Is working for you. Keep your COOL and FOCUS and you will get past all the B.S.

Gray has good technical info.

P.S.- I do agree it would be a good idea to change your call name to something more in the motorsport area. Like GETAIR or GOBIG. Drinking, smoking and ridding make for bad chemistry. GOOD LUCK!!!

• SurvivorMan

Posted July 14, 2006 - 05:02 PM

Getdrunk, focus your energy, time and money on your quad. Learning maintenance and how to ride well after many seat hours will get you way further then drinking and drugs. Think about all the trick parts you could bolt on instead of the money spent on booze. Find some friends that are into the same thing you are, not drinking but riding and focus on that!

• getdrunk

Posted July 14, 2006 - 05:16 PM

Think about all the trick parts you could bolt on instead of the money spent on booze. Find some friends that are into the same thing you are, not drinking but riding and focus on that!

i dont have to pay for alochol. even at bars i dont pay.i find girls and they think im funny and they buy me drinks. cool.

o and i buy stuff for my quad every month. i just got a pwr radiator and some other little things this month. i got $110 right now and i should have a nuther $450 coming i nthe mail next week. i also got $1500 in my moms room that i cant spend but i will soon.

• felix4x4

Posted July 14, 2006 - 05:18 PM

The small hose exists for the purpose of balancing the internal atmospheric pressure of the oil tank with that of the crankcase while keeping the oil tank sealed off from outside air.

Cool, I learned something new today. I knew it had something to do with the oil tank but didn't realize it was to balance the air pressure.

• kyleyz

Posted July 14, 2006 - 05:19 PM

You should saveup for a car/truck if you dont have one.

• crrider491

Posted July 14, 2006 - 06:42 PM

i filled up the oil tank on the yz426 motor. i put a little less than 2 qorts. it was over filled to the point that the oil was up wear the cap twists in. then i finaly got it running yesterday and ran it for 10 minits. no oil will shhow on the dip stick what is going on with that?

that toob on top of hte motor did have a little oil in the inside of it.

I had my little special ed brother transfer this too me so I can understand it :ride:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.