10 minits and i was out of oil. whats going on?

61 replies to this topic
  • 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted July 12, 2006 - 05:41 PM

I agree with everyone else on here...go away until you learn to spell. You're makin everyone that rides quads (myself being one, although, I've taken to bikes [WR426] in recent months) look like absolute retards.

You know what, &%$#@! it, I'll give ya some advice: Just load it up with oil, once you can read it on the dipstick, poor some in the radiator and gas tank too. That should get rid of the problem, problem being the fact that you own a vehicle, extremely quickly.

You're welcome

Everyone - Here is the easy solution to Getdrunk and his useless threads & posts. Just put Getdrunk on your Ignore list (or as I refer - ignorant list) Also, don't worry summer break will be over in about a month and he will be back in grade school.

News flash: I just put Getdrunk on my ignore list and now I can't view or read his crap any longer... :ride:

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted July 12, 2006 - 06:02 PM

Wow I thought that was just for PMs, but it really works!!! An excellent suggestion.

• barch88

Posted July 12, 2006 - 06:20 PM

WOW. Overfilled much?

1. Get the correct parts for that engine, not off a Honda 400ex Quad...seeing it's a different make, and different vehicle! Then maybe it will work correctly, to see, try this:

Put the correct amount of oil in the crackcase, warm up the bike for 2-3 minutes, turn it off, check the oil level. If it is overfilled unscrew the overfill screw, let the oil drain out, and then check it agian, it should be perfect. I never can seem to get the correct amount of oil in my bike, I always unscrew the screw just to be sure its perfect.

You have REALLY bad spelling, my 5 year old cousin can spell Minute, Tube, and Quarts...

I really hope you CAN spell, and not just using the internet slang. IF you can spell please do so. My best suggestion is to make a new name, without drunk, beer, weed, or quads in it, learn how to spell before you post, and then ask your questions, maybe we will help you out.

• Schreckles

Posted July 12, 2006 - 06:44 PM

Everyone - Here is the easy solution to Getdrunk and his useless threads & posts. Just put Getdrunk on your Ignore list (or as I refer - ignorant list) Also, don't worry summer break will be over in about a month and he will be back in grade school.

News flash: I just put Getdrunk on my ignore list and now I can't view or read his crap any longer... :ride:

Sweet...Thanks for the advice...lol...now I don't have to worry about absolute retardation spewing from this guy any more...and as for the "A MILATARY DOOD BEET THE CRAP OUT OF HIM AT A BAR!!!!" ...I'm military...can I beat the crap out of him? Please, I really want to.

• MotoGoalie

Posted July 13, 2006 - 06:09 AM

Get drunk reminds me of that green shit fly that comes to the picnic....

• grayracer513

Posted July 13, 2006 - 06:38 AM

Barch,

A dry sump lube system doesn't care how much oil is in it as long as it's not more than the tank can hold, or less than the amount that is enough to make sure there's a steady stream running through the feed line. A YZF could have a 5 gallon oil tank and it wouldn't matter, because the oil level in the crankcase doesn't depend at all on the system capacity. With a larger tank, you would want to fill at the tank, run the engine, and adjust to the desired level. A 426 fills at the tank in any case, not the crankcase. Also, there is no overfill screw on any model YZF earlier than the '06 450.

don't worry summer break will be over in about a month and he will be back in grade school.

That won't make any difference. He brags that he only goes to school for 13 hours a week, and he spends a good deal of that time in their computer room on TT. He's 16.

• Punisher660

Posted July 13, 2006 - 07:22 AM

I admit that I am just as tired of seeing the horrible spelling as the rest of you, but after reading this entire thread, I have to admit that I feel bad for the kid. Every single reply is just bagging on him. I didn't read the thread about him getting his ass kicked, but its obviously BS and just a means for him to try and get some attention. He is obviously not getting it at home. Try educating as opposed to bashing. :ride:

Getdrunk....read the following very closely.

Re-register with a new name and never use "getdrunk" or anything similar again.

Drinking is not cool, it never has been and never will be. Especially at your age.

Learn to spell. Don't expect people to take the time and effort to help you if you can't take the time and effort to properly form a sentence. I understand that you might be mentally challanged, so I am giving you the benifiet of the doubt. Since no one here personally knows you or your handicaps, take the extra effort to proof read your posts - maybe ask your mother to help you.

I understand that for some people, negative attention is still attention, but it is debilitating to your mental growth and really diminishes the integrity of the post. (makes you stupid and makes everyone else feel stupid for wasting their time on you)

As per your current engine problem. Scrap the project and start over. You need to pull the motor - you started it without oil or coolant. At a minimum you warped your head gasket. (That is why the oil is grey, it has coolant mixed in with it) You may have even warped the head.

It was a totally dumb thing to do, but it doesn't sound like your dad is around to help you (or whoop your ass into shape) and I doubt your mom is much of a mechanic. That is why you must READ your manual. When all else fails RTFM - Read The Fkn Manual - remember it and repeat it to yourself.

If you have oil leaking into the head or other areas where it shouldn't be, it will not have enough to register on the dipstick. At this point, you need to pull the motor and rebuild it.....at a minimum, replace the head gasket and have a machine shop inspect the head.

Never start an engine without oil or coolant!

If you spend more time at school and less time BS-ing about drinking, you will find that your teachers are right and reading is a basic skill that you need in life. Maybe sign up for a shop class and talk to your shop teacher about the issues you have with your quad. :ride:

• getdrunk

Posted July 13, 2006 - 07:34 AM

Barch,

A dry sump lube system doesn't care how much oil is in it as long as it's not more than the tank can hold, or less than the amount that is enough to make sure there's a steady stream running through the feed line. A YZF could have a 5 gallon oil tank and it wouldn't matter, because the oil level in the crankcase doesn't depend at all on the system capacity. With a larger tank, you would want to fill at the tank, run the engine, and adjust to the desired level. A 426 fills at the tank in any case, not the crankcase. Also, there is no overfill screw on any model YZF earlier than the '06 450.

That won't make any difference. He brags that he only goes to school for 13 hours a week, and he spends a good deal of that time in their computer room on TT. He's 16.

the school is called alternitve school. its for people that like are strugling to get credits so then u get put in alternitve school and can work at your own pace. its susposed to get you through school faster and it does. for me its not working to well sinse its 1 class room and its all on computers so i just like stuff. yeah.

and their is a tube on top of the motor next to teh oi lline that does let oil leek out when running for sum reason. o well im just gona have t okeep a eye on teh oil. right now im running 3 qaurts in the thing just to keep the dip stick saying full. a guy at a yamaha shop said it holds like 1.6 qaurts. he said it dont seem right and it must be leeking but i keep checking no oil leeks. only spot i see oil coming out is that tube on top of the motor.

• getdrunk

Posted July 13, 2006 - 07:38 AM

Drinking is not cool, it never has been and never will be. Especially at your age.

i know drinking isnt cool. if you do it to be cool than your just stupid and dont need it. i do it cause its alot of fun and every one im around from 11-52 years old all drink so it seems normal. and more than half the teen population drink wonce in a while and 99% try weed or do weed when their in high school.

• getdrunk

Posted July 13, 2006 - 07:44 AM

...and as for the "A MILATARY DOOD BEET THE CRAP OUT OF HIM AT A BAR!!!!" ...I'm military...can I beat the crap out of him? Please, I really want to.

no. well this military dood was sent after me from a big drug dealer nad the military dood that came after me he had to be on drugs cause i cant posibly see how any one can just go phyco on some one for nuthin. i meen his eyes were just boldging out his head. it was freeky. but as he was punching me in the face n what not b4 i got nocked out i started smiling. he like u think u funny so he stare dpunching my mouth. he was 19 im 16. i could have thrown him in jail. after that like we were all good and iwanted to hand wit him but the whole bar start walking twords me saying get your scum A$$ out of here. now heres the thing. i didnt do nothing but i was the bad guy. i was just hanging with people and then i ges the drug dealer thought i knew sumthin about him selling so thats why he sent teh phyco after me. now im kicked out that bar and all i did was get beet up on the road.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 116CJ

Posted July 13, 2006 - 09:16 AM

this thread is a good read. so your nigrigged bike doesn't hold oil.....go figure and you just got beat up?

• getdrunk

Posted July 13, 2006 - 09:29 AM

this thread is a good read. so your nigrigged bike doesn't hold oil.....go figure and you just got beat up?

on saterday.

• BergArabia

Posted July 13, 2006 - 09:30 AM

Good luck with the project, getdrunk.
It sounds like you are having some unique challenges with the bike that you may have brought on yourself.

I think there has been some good advice and I hope you will take it.

• felix4x4

Posted July 13, 2006 - 01:09 PM

Ok, Getdrunk please take your time and read this. I am going to give you honest information based on what you coded in these posts.

If you have an oil tank that holds 3 liters to resgister full. Then apply it to a motor that has a tank/case capacity of 1.7 liters. You will need to put the full 3 liters in the tank and run the motor a few minutes, then take your mesurement. At this time add oil till it reads on the dipstick. Take the 3 liters you originally placed in the bike and add the portion to make it read correct on the dipstick. This is your new capacity (Remember this number).

As for the greyish oil. This is from colant leaking into your crankcase. This is usually caused by a bad head gasket or a warped head. This was most likely caused when you decided to start the motor with no oil or coolant in there. I will also not rule out the possiblity the motor came that way, but it is very likely you caused this issue.

Last of your questions about the breather hose with oil coming out. Is it the large hose or the small hose? The large hose is a breather hose connected to an air/oil seperator plate in the valve cover. The small hose is connected back to the top of your oil tank and is for excess pressurized oil to return to the tank. If the small hose is not ran to the tank or is blocked off it can/will damage your motor.

I hope this helps you out a little. Just read it over a few times and ask questions if this does not help you out.

PS- dood is actually spelled dude.... wonce is actually spelled once.... I dont remember what else you were spelling all crazy. Use the spell check at the bottom of the page before you hit the post button please. It is getting quite annoying trying to decipher your writing.

• barch88

Posted July 13, 2006 - 01:20 PM

Barch,

:ride: I figured it was the same in all YZF models, but this is my first YZF so I was wrong, sorry about that. Like it matters anyways, he won't listen... :ride:

the school is called alternitve school. its for people that like are strugling to get credits so then u get put in alternitve school and can work at your own pace. its susposed to get you through school faster and it does. for me its not working to well sinse its 1 class room and its all on computers so i just like stuff. yeah.

Yeah, we have one of those too...it's for losers that skip class to go smoke, drink, or whatever...then they wonder why they can't graduate... ...so they go to the retard school where you only need like 4 credits...

-Mike

• kyleyz

Posted July 13, 2006 - 03:58 PM

i know drinking isnt cool. if you do it to be cool than your just stupid and dont need it. i do it cause its alot of fun and every one im around from 11-52 years old all drink so it seems normal. and more than half the teen population drink wonce in a while and 99% try weed or do weed when their in high school.

99%!!????! not hardly! Did you make up those statistics? Do you know what statistics are?

• barch88

Posted July 13, 2006 - 04:12 PM

99%!!????! not hardly! Did you make up those statistics? Do you know what statistics are?

He's just talking about his loser school...don't worry about it.

-Mike.

• getdrunk

Posted July 13, 2006 - 05:14 PM

:ride: I figured it was the same in all YZF models, but this is my first YZF so I was wrong, sorry about that. Like it matters anyways, he won't listen... :ride:

Yeah, we have one of those too...it's for losers that skip class to go smoke, drink, or whatever...then they wonder why they can't graduate... ...so they go to the retard school where you only need like 4 credits...

-Mike

um no! you need all 25 credits to graduate. this schooling can help you get the credits faster. some peopl egot dun with 1 class in 1 week. crazz stuff.

heres a pic of the added oil cooler act=Attach&type=post&id=2330189' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://teamxracing.c...post&id=2330189

• barch88

Posted July 13, 2006 - 07:09 PM

Yeah, but as long as you go to class you like automatically pass...:ride:

• RLthumper

Posted July 13, 2006 - 07:19 PM

Oh Man, this guy is killing me.....go buy a manual and a dictionary. Hes givin' me a headache.....

obviously you dont frequent the "general," section. this guy is always on there posting dumb stuff.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.