Just put a GYTR header on my 06 LE

4 replies to this topic
  • jgerdi

Posted July 11, 2006 - 11:36 AM

I rode in very wet sandy conditions so It was hard to tell if I gained any power. I definitely was not missing any power. My only concern is.. The header pipe is much shorter than stock . The bend is straight back and sits 1/4 inch from the bottom of my radiator and about a 1/2 inch from the radiator hose. ????? Has any one else switched and then had any over heating problems???

• altered

Posted July 12, 2006 - 08:29 AM

jgerdi, Have you got a GYTR part number for that header? Also any pics of it?

Thanks, Trevor.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • altered

Posted July 13, 2006 - 08:40 AM

jgerdi, Did you buy just the header and it fits to the stock muffler, or did you have to buy the complete system?

• Pukeballs

Posted July 14, 2006 - 11:55 AM

I put a GYTR header on my 05 450 and havent had any overheating issues. I did have a little deceleration popping because I had'nt tightened up the header to the exhaust pipe enough. But thats fixed and havent had any other problems.
Heres a pic of it.

• SurvivorMan

Posted July 14, 2006 - 05:16 PM

I have installed a power bomb (fmf) and it too was close to the rad hose, maybe an 1/8 inch. no overheating issues yet and I too cannot tell any power difference, I just liked the stainless steel idea!

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.