Can't find Screen for spark arrestor

4 replies to this topic
  • SoCalWR426

Posted November 12, 2001 - 06:27 PM

I can't find any type of stainless steel screen to put in my Euro mod YZF
to act as spark arrester. Any sugestions? I don't really want to change out my end-cap, as the Can/Euro
mod is much diffrent than U.S

Thanks

• Blue_Boner

Posted November 12, 2001 - 07:00 PM

I don't mean to sound like a jerk but unless your exhaust system is stamped "USFS approved spark arrestor" you don't legally have a spark arrestor. Even if you put a screen in your YZF exhaust Ranger Rick will still give you a ticket because it doesn't have the stamp. Don't take the chance, buy one of the so called quiet exhausts with a legal spark arrestor. Goodluck, Eric

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SoCalWR426

Posted November 13, 2001 - 05:19 AM

Hey Blue B,
Naw you don't sound like a jerk, just somebody giveing sound advice. (no pun intended) That is what I plan to do if Ricky gives me a spanking.. Rode my DR's & XR's for year's no problem. as long as he can't put a rod in the end of exhaust seem's to be the key.

• SFO

Posted November 13, 2001 - 06:24 AM

For 30$ you can buy a sparky core.
I put one inside of my pipe.
The parts unlimited part# is

SPK-9101

I have yet to have a ranger complain, like you said it is the wire test that they care about.

• SoCalWR426

Posted November 13, 2001 - 04:35 PM

Thanks I'll look into that

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.