Converted

4 replies to this topic
  • motocross10113

Posted July 10, 2006 - 07:41 PM

Well tomarrow i Pic up my new 06 Yz450f :ride: I am upgrading from my 05 yz250 smoker...is there anything that i should do to the bike?? for mods wize? i have heard about doing something to the the chain slider??? :ride: anything else that i should know? This is my first thumper soo its a new thing for me but iam looking forward to the new big bike. Andy how is the stock pipe i ride a bit of everything but i am going to start Hare Scableing soon soo just a thought....thanks guys i am glad to be a apart of the Yamie Thumer club!!

• grayracer513

Posted July 10, 2006 - 10:30 PM

The slider mod applies to all YZ's made since about 1997.

http://members.cox.n...r/wearplate.htm

Otherwise:

Get a new, high quality chain so the stock one won't ruin your sprockets or worse. (the Regina ORN6 is a great one, and reasonably priced)

Pull the forks up to the first scribed line and set the sag at around 95mm

Install a 45 pilot and a 165 mainjet unless you are at fairly high altitudes (5000+)

Get a higher set of bars unless you are very short

Change the front tire unless you ride on very hard surfaces most of the time

The stock pipe is actually pretty good. The Dr. D is noticeably better.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Alex_YZ450F

Posted July 11, 2006 - 01:58 AM

Can't forget an hours meter and a new rear tire in a couple of rides.

• motocross10113

Posted July 11, 2006 - 03:06 PM

thanks for the info! Any of you have a pic of the hour meter what brand you use how much is is and hard is it to install? And how many of you have changed the top triple clamp i know they come over sized stock but are they a good triple clamp reason i am going to put a scotts steering stablizer on and i just want to make sure before i get the braket....and has anybody dont the sub mount with that or does everybody go with the standered to were you can put a bar pad on???

• NYMXer

Posted July 11, 2006 - 03:15 PM

Yup..........have a new rear tire handy. The stocker only last for a few taniks of gas before the knobbies get ripped off! :ride:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.