WR 426 Hot cam in YZ426

4 replies to this topic
  • MJScore

Posted July 10, 2006 - 05:25 PM

Has anyone ever put in a Hot Cam for the WR426 in their YZ426? I"m looking to make it a little mellower for trail riding. Also is there a shop near Tracy, CA that will do this?

• DTYZ426

Posted July 10, 2006 - 10:31 PM

I can't advise you on the cam application but I can recommend a good mechanic. Check out STKN-Moto in Stockton.

1812 East Harding Way
Stockton, CA 95205

Richard Cerney is a fine mechanic and tech. Give Greg (the owner) a call and check them out.

I have no business interest with this shop, just trying to help a brother out!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Birdy426

Posted July 10, 2006 - 10:33 PM

Hot Cams does not have WR cam and a YZ cam. They use the same grind, same profile, same timing for both. No, it's not any milder than a stock YZ cam

• siudog

Posted July 14, 2006 - 03:45 PM

If you want mild, put a flywheel weight on. It really tames the motor and will not destoy anything if you screw up the install (can't really screw it up)

• srhines67

Posted July 22, 2006 - 12:38 AM

I had the hotcam done during my last valve adjustment by my trusty bike mechanic. It is absolutely the best thing since sliced bread.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.