Fuel filter that fits the 426

9 replies to this topic
  • Goosedog

Posted July 10, 2006 - 03:06 PM

After too many crap in the gas experiences I've decided to put fuel filters on my 426's. Has anyone found a brand small enough to fit well on so short a fuel line?

• Goosedog

Posted July 11, 2006 - 03:45 AM

Does anybody even use a fuel filter on their 426? :ride:

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted July 11, 2006 - 06:08 AM

No not here. I usually don't keep any fuel in my bike for long periods. I would just make sure the tank and fuel petcock is clean and don't go with a filter. Just my .02

• siudog

Posted July 14, 2006 - 03:43 PM

Got one on my 426, $1.95 at the local track's shop. The only problem is cutting the hose AND cover in the same place, then trim xtra on the cover so the clamps fit.

• Doug McGill

Posted July 14, 2006 - 05:12 PM

After too many crap in the gas experiences...

What do you mean by "crap in the gas experiences"? Are you getitng contaminated pump gas? :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Goosedog

Posted July 14, 2006 - 05:52 PM

What do you mean by "crap in the gas experiences"? Are you getitng contaminated pump gas? :ride:

Not sure if it came from the pump or my 5gal can, but after a recent fill up at the local Texaco both my YZ's had trash in the carbs and ran like crap on the same ride. (me on one bike and my son on the other)

I've cleaned the carburator on one bike and the other seemed to blow it through. Now I've put a fuel filter in line on both bikes just to be sure.

• tacoma426

Posted July 14, 2006 - 08:48 PM

I run one on my 426. I had to get longer lines and zip tie it to the frame in order 2 keep it tucked in.

• SidewinderX

Posted July 17, 2006 - 02:01 AM

Hey Goose,
I have an extra or two in my basement. I got them from RMC for @ $1-2. Do you remember the time at Brushy when I kept getting my pilot jet clogged and could not ride? I got them shortly after that.

PM me your address and I will try to get one sent to you this week. You can try it and see if it fits. :thumbsup:

http://www.rockymoun...60&navType=type

• Goosedog

Posted July 17, 2006 - 03:23 AM

Hey Goose,
I have an extra or two in my basement. I got them from RMC for @ $1-2. Do you remember the time at Brushy when I kept getting my pilot jet clogged and could not ride? I got them shortly after that.

PM me your address and I will try to get one sent to you this week. You can try it and see if it fits. :thumbsup:

http://www.rockymoun...60&navType=type

Thanks Daniel but I already got a couple and put them on both bikes. Had a great ride at Brown yesterday, wish you could'a come.

• SidewinderX

Posted July 17, 2006 - 04:26 AM

No problem. :thumbsup:

I would have liked to have been there but I spent the evening riding with my son and nephew. Maybe we can get hooked up soon.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.