Head Pipe

2 replies to this topic
  • CFI

Posted November 12, 2001 - 02:06 PM

I have a 99’ WR400 with a stock exhaust system. I would like to change the head pipe to a later model, so the oil filter can be removed without removing the head pipe. Does anybody have a late model head pipe or complete stock exhaust system that will fit the stock 99’ for sale? I’m not sure if the 01’ head pipe would mate up with the 99’ exhaust pipe and muffler.? But if it will that is what I'm looking for.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Herkypilot

Posted November 14, 2001 - 04:19 AM

I'm also looking for a new head pipe to replace the stocker preferably one that I can keep my stock exhaust with. It's a pain to have to losen the header to remove the oil filter. Un-needed wear on the header bolts/threads. I was looking at an '02 YZ 426 and it looked like the header cleared the bolts. Will that header fit a '00 WR 400? My appologies for adding on to your original post but I'm also interested in the replies you receive. :)

[ November 14, 2001: Message edited by: Herkypilot ]

• MN_Kevin

Posted November 14, 2001 - 04:45 AM

I do believe FMF's Power Bomb header should be a one for one swap with the stock OEM header. It does allow full access to the oil filter.

Dirt Rider recommended the PB w/ EVERY exhaust system they evaluated in a YZF exhaust shootout.
http://www.fmfracing.com

You will likely have to replace the graphite gasket/sleeve that wraps around the header where the header and silencer mate.

Kevin

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.