California DMV

7 replies to this topic
  • YUKI

Posted July 08, 2006 - 06:02 PM

Great. These guys issued me a green sticker instead of a plate for my new XR650L. Anyone else is that fortunate?

Yuki

• GIANTac1

Posted July 08, 2006 - 06:25 PM

:ride:

• Bodhisattva

Posted July 09, 2006 - 01:01 AM

id be pissed...call them to get a plate. my plate came soon after getting my bike

• Dual_Dog

Posted July 09, 2006 - 06:33 AM

Probably a typo on the registration by the dealer. The VIN # should've clued the DMV in that it was a "street" bike. They "should have" questioned the validity of the registration & stopped the process. :ride:

Too bad. I'll bet it's up to you, the registered owner, to correct this problem by going down to the DMV & wasting your time to fix someone else's screw up... :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • justicedone

Posted July 09, 2006 - 07:41 AM

This shouldnt have happened, but are we getting all the info?

Did your bike have current (expired) plates? Did you have all the required items for inspections?

The L is a streetbike, thats why us guys who own it love it so much.... If we had to hassle keeping it plated their would be better options for a dirtbike or DS.

I wouldnt put up with this BS, but make sure you have all needed street required items when you return to DMV and have the bike inspected by chp if needed.

keep us posted

• DigDug

Posted July 09, 2006 - 08:47 AM

Great. These guys issued me a green sticker instead of a plate for my new XR650L. Anyone else is that fortunate?

Yuki

That happened to me too... If you bought it new from a dealer, call them.. you're paying them to do the registration. Ask them to make it right. When I got the green sticker, I called the dealer and they were able to change the green sticker to a plate the very next day...

Like I said, if it's new, you're paying the dealer to do the registration (look at your bill of sale - there's some sort of paperwork fee you paid). If it's used, then it's up to you....
:ride:

• don87xr600

Posted July 09, 2006 - 12:48 PM

Probably a typo on the registration by the dealer. The VIN # should've clued the DMV in that it was a "street" bike. They "should have" questioned the validity of the registration & stopped the process. :ride:

Too bad. I'll bet it's up to you, the registered owner, to correct this problem by going down to the DMV & wasting your time to fix someone else's screw up... :ride:

the Vin only tells the dmv if the bike meets ca emissions standards, this bike can receive a green sticker if thats what the owner wants. Sounds like a dealer screw up to me.

• YUKI

Posted July 21, 2006 - 07:33 PM

ThanX for the advise guys. I called the dealer. They are taking care of this.
The application stated MC, not OHV, however, the "motivated" clerk decide to send the sticker.

Yuki

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.