Going with larger 41mm FCR carb on the 426?

2 replies to this topic
  • stillsun

Posted July 08, 2006 - 11:55 AM

I'm in the process of doing the 444 big bore kit to my YZ426 and plan on doing the Hot Cams as well, with the increased bore, would it be complimented well with upping from the stock 39mm FCR to a 41mm unit? Has anyone done this on a YZ426 (stock or big bore), what was your experience? Was it worth it?

Josh

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flintlock28

Posted July 08, 2006 - 01:10 PM

I'm no expert, but from what I gather you will probably lose low-end to mid-throttle response. Full throttle will probably be find, but I think you may be "over-carbing" your bike. Maybe other's will chime in to further clarify.

• stillsun

Posted July 08, 2006 - 03:31 PM

That's what I figured... I'm guessing 39 is probably big enough for anything up to 500~600cc range.

Josh

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.