LOOK @ what I won!!

26 replies to this topic
  • dirtgood1

Posted July 06, 2006 - 08:50 PM

Back in March I was online at the supercross website, finding out the tv schedule for the races and entered an Ampd mobile contest and won... this:

Its pretty sweet, but I am already in the process of adding a few bolt-ons and oh yeah, all the number plates are signed by Chad Reed(already removed from the bike and proudly displayed on the wall of the garage) Even though the bike is in my garage, I almost can't believe that I won it.

• GreenKLX

Posted July 06, 2006 - 09:00 PM

No way, you are one lucky s.o.b.! Congrats!
Where in Texas are you at? You can ride mine if I can ride yours. :ride: :ride:

• BergArabia

Posted July 06, 2006 - 09:07 PM

That is sweet Congrats.. :ride:

• cowboyona426

Posted July 06, 2006 - 09:12 PM

That is awesome, congrats!

• SureBlue

Posted July 06, 2006 - 09:22 PM

Lucky you, congrats!

• crfmatt

Posted July 06, 2006 - 11:36 PM

Its cool to actually see when people win bikes (and actually get them). :ride:

• 116CJ

Posted July 07, 2006 - 03:17 AM

that is awsome! when you see those things you never think anyone actually wins them.

• elcamino76

Posted July 07, 2006 - 04:34 AM

thats awesome, its cool to see the bike that was won. and to know people actually win them. sweet.

• NYMXer

Posted July 07, 2006 - 04:44 AM

That's awesome..............congrats on your new ride. :ride:

• steve_cirillo

Posted July 07, 2006 - 07:39 AM

wow man you actually won that?!?!?!?! that's so awsome

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Junior426

Posted July 07, 2006 - 07:41 AM

Congrats, good to see an average joe actually win a contest, it always seems that there's a bunch of good contests, that no-one ever wins. Have fun, ride safe, and keep the shiny side up! :ride: :ride:

• brendand

Posted July 07, 2006 - 07:55 AM

Awesome, dreams do come true. The other day a friend of mine won a Ducati superbike in an online competition. He just had it crated from Germany to Namibia.

• dirtgood1

Posted July 07, 2006 - 08:19 AM

Thanks everyone! I couldnt believe that I had won and even told the woman who called to let me know, that no one ever wins these kind of things. It really is dream come true, because since they had released the aluminum frame, I have wanted one, but the reality was that it was financially out of my means. I feel so lucky to have won. I riding buddy of mine said it must karma, because a few years ago I had a bike stolen out of my garage in the middle of the day. I havent even ridden it yet, taking the time to get it prepped properly before riding. This is what I have done
Greased or never seized everything
Installed WC radiatior cages
Installed WC glide plate
Installed Quick adjust fuel screw
Going to rejet once my jets show up (Ordered from TT!)
Cleaned and oiled air filter
Installed new side panels/number plates ( don't want to mess up those Chad Reed autographs- Waiting on pre printed backgrounds w/my number that match the ampd graphics that are on it now)
Installed DID oring chain
Fabricated and installed chain slider wear plate ( thanks TT)
Installed fork quick air bleeder valves

The one really important thing that I am still waiting on is the oem service manual I ordered. If anyone would be willing to post a quick oil change procedure that would be great... I dont even know what the capacity is.
Again thanks everyone for the kind words and congrats.

• yz_for_me

Posted July 07, 2006 - 08:36 AM

That is too cool! Congrats. I'm very jealous.

• Frank_z28

Posted July 07, 2006 - 09:14 AM

Gratz man :ride: im happy to see that you gonna ride it. Not a winner that put the bike in the garage and collect dust. :ride:

have fun

• barch88

Posted July 07, 2006 - 09:53 AM

• Reyndogg

Posted July 07, 2006 - 10:59 AM

that's great, congrats on the good luck - and im even more happy to hear you won this after reading you had one stolen!

btw - do not use the air bleeders for the forks unless the bike is on a stand w/front wheel off the ground!

Enjoy your new bike :ride:

• dbehr624

Posted July 07, 2006 - 04:16 PM

That is awsome! Congrats and have fun with it.

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted July 07, 2006 - 05:26 PM

All I have to say is ...... "What is your street address and the security code to your garage???"

No really, congrats on the big win. I am jealous!

• Pukeballs

Posted July 07, 2006 - 05:53 PM

Congrats dude! :ride:

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.