WR 400 Cam Problem

No replies to this topic
  • cpsfrench

Posted July 06, 2006 - 10:19 AM

here is my delima, I took my bike out of storage this year and after trying serveral times to get it going it was assumed that my bike jumped its timing. this caused me to have 2 bent intake valves. So upon replacing the valves and timing chain it was noticed that my intake cam shaft wasn't moving as freely as my exhaust. So i bought a new cam and installed it but i still have the same problem so now they are telling me it might be a warped head. I don't see how i could have a warped head cause i never even had the bike going this year and last year she ran fine. Question is, is it normal to for the intake cam to be a little tighter then the exhaust and is it a good idea to drive it as is?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.