XR650R model changes

4 replies to this topic
  • NEW2XR

Posted July 05, 2006 - 11:36 PM

Hi, was wondering if anyone knows what model changes there's been to XR650R since year 2000. Basically I've got an 2003 model, but have seen a really nice 2001 model which has been supermoto'd but has all standard off road stuff aswell, which suits my needs. Was just wondering what 'improvements' I'd be losing out on if went back from 2003 to 2001 model.

PS My used and abused but mechanically sound '03 cost about as much as the '01 model is for sale at!

Cheers

• HawkGT

Posted July 06, 2006 - 12:42 AM

Other than minor graphics changes, I don't think there is a single difference between a 2001 and 2003. I believe the 2000 had 2 minor (and easy to do yourself) upgrades--countershaft seal and clutch lifter pin I think.

If this isn't right I'm sure someone will pipe-up with the real scoop.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aos

Posted July 06, 2006 - 07:06 AM

Bold new graphics.

• NEW2XR

Posted July 06, 2006 - 07:35 AM

Thanks for that - looks like theres no disadvantage to the older bike as long as is mechanically sound. Just have to haggle on price!!!

Cheers

• adam574

Posted July 06, 2006 - 07:42 AM

there is at least one mechanical difference... i am pretty sure it is like a clutch bushing or something and it is actually pretty important to replace it on the older bikes. for some reason i think there are a couple other things but i can't remember

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.