footpegs-lightspeed or Fastway

11 replies to this topic
  • e30M3

Posted July 05, 2006 - 08:46 PM

I have an '02 YZ426 that I just converted over to the '03 plastics. I figured I might as well get a set of larger footpegs since I have replaced a ton of other things on the bike.

Wondering what the thoughts are regarding the "best" peg. Obviously bigger is better :ride: but which brand should I be looking at. I am 5'9" and the bike's ergonomics feel good. I plan on sticking with stainless steel since I can't justify spending twice as much for TI.

• GreenKLX

Posted July 05, 2006 - 08:58 PM

I like my fastways a whole lot. Off topic, but what was your total cost on the conversion? Do the 426 frame guards work with the 450 subframe? Lets see some pics!

• aford541

Posted July 05, 2006 - 09:16 PM

Lightspeed for sure.

• e30M3

Posted July 05, 2006 - 09:24 PM

I like my fastways a whole lot. Off topic, but what was your total cost on the conversion? Do the 426 frame guards work with the 450 subframe? Lets see some pics!

I am still getting the bike together but will post pics once it is complete. (Got the hurricane graphics from One Industries-I love the yellow and black!)

I think the frame guards will line up fine. I actually bought carbon fiber guards from Lightspeed for an '03. I may end up selling them because the mounting holes are at a different angle than the '02. I could get it to work but after all the money I just put into the bike I don't want it to be half a$$.

Don't know on the total cost because I haven't sold all of my old stuff yet. I also bought a brand new Clark tank (wanted a black tank) when I could have spent less than half on a used blue tank. I was planning on spending $$ for the graphics kit either way so the shrouds and rear fender were included. I don't think my net cost will be more than a couple hundred after I sell the rest of my old stuff (sub frame, complete rear brakes, maybe all the plastics).

• jocolo

Posted July 05, 2006 - 09:54 PM

To do work the cost is not too bad I almost broke even since i sold all my old stuff on Flebay,,,,,by the way I have IMS pro stock pegs, tusk makes some nice ones too from rockymountainmc.com

PIC1
before
after

Posted Image

• felix4x4

Posted July 06, 2006 - 02:17 AM

e30m3 - are you selling your parts on ebay or in the classified section on this board?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted July 06, 2006 - 05:07 AM

Lightspeed for sure.

I 2nd that :ride:

• e30M3

Posted July 06, 2006 - 05:41 AM

e30m3 - are you selling your parts on ebay or in the classified section on this board?

I have been so busy working on the bike I haven't listed the items anywhere yet. I didn't mean to start this thread about the items-but since we are talking about it, I have the sub frame, rear master and rear caliper, rear brake line, complete airbox, all plastics, and a blue tank from a '03-'05 YZ450 (I bought the tank then decided it would be better to buy a black one rather than try to paint a blue one).

• jeffboyd47m

Posted July 06, 2006 - 03:18 PM

I have been running Tusk pegs from Rocky Mountain MC all year long. They are the best pegs by far and they are only 59.95.

• Jekel

Posted July 08, 2006 - 07:15 AM

My wife has the Fastway pegs and they are impressive.

• buick

Posted July 10, 2006 - 02:35 PM

pivot pegs, night and day difference from static pegs :ride:

• unibrow

Posted July 10, 2006 - 05:02 PM

My 11.5 feet like the Fastways. I like how I can adjust the grip and angle. They have been holding up great too. Stock style steel foot pegs seem to get bent up to easily.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.