what oil lines go wear?

27 replies to this topic
  • getdrunk

Posted July 05, 2006 - 08:42 PM

ok theirs 3 oil lines that come off my yz426 motor. 1 on top of motor and 1 on the left bottom side of motor and 1 on the right bottom side of the motor.

wear they all go? i no they run to a oil tank too. :ride:

i meen well what oil line goes to the bottom of the oil tank? i dont want to mix em up cause if i do it wrong it will be running no oil.

so what line goes to the bottom of oil tank. thats all i need to know

• kid on a 426

Posted July 05, 2006 - 08:53 PM

Do you even have an oil tank? the yz426 oil tank was in the frame but that won't work on a different frame.

• Markopolo400

Posted July 05, 2006 - 09:04 PM

i dont want to mix em up cause if i do it wrong it will be running no oil.

Since when do you care about running your engine with oil in it?

• jocolo

Posted July 05, 2006 - 09:33 PM

you are asking Bike guys about a hybrid Quad, go to www.exriders.com and ask the guys that have done it.

Talk to this guy he had a Yz426/400ex hybrid

http://www.exriders....threadid=237336

• barch88

Posted July 05, 2006 - 11:28 PM

Since when do you care about running your engine with oil in it?

I know right! :ride:

• getdrunk

Posted July 06, 2006 - 09:15 AM

OMG. this is the YZ426 motor. the yz426 MOTOR has 3 spots for teh oil lines. which line runs to teh bottom of the oil tank. not a hard question. every quad and bike have 3 oil lines. 1 goes to the bottom of tank and others go th teh top.

WHICH OIL LINE GOES TO THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL TANK.
A. [RIGHT OF MOTOR]
B. [LEFT OF MOTOR]

• justin_5585

Posted July 06, 2006 - 08:06 PM

OMG. this is the YZ426 motor. the yz426 MOTOR has 3 spots for teh oil lines. which line runs to teh bottom of the oil tank. not a hard question. every quad and bike have 3 oil lines. 1 goes to the bottom of tank and others go th teh top.

A. [RIGHT OF MOTOR]
B. [LEFT OF MOTOR]

My bike doesn't have 3 oil lines, in fact, to the best of my knowledge it doesn't have any (2 smoke :ride: )

• jbrooks26

Posted July 06, 2006 - 10:20 PM

I believe that the line on the oil filter side would be the return, filtering oil as it returns to the pump. This would be the one on the right hand side. On the bike the left side line actually goes to the top of the frame which acts as the oil tank. The sump in the engine is pumped dry while the engine is running. As the engine sits not running the oil drains out of the tank into the sump. This is my understanding of the flow, hope this helps.

Josh

• getdrunk

Posted July 07, 2006 - 09:37 AM

my filter is on the left. right now i have the left oil line hooled to the bottom of the tank but dont know if thats right.

• berudd

Posted July 07, 2006 - 09:41 AM

A. [RIGHT OF MOTOR]
B. [LEFT OF MOTOR]

Ha that is funny. I have always found it pretty ineffective to ask for help and then bitch at the people I am asking for help from.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • getdrunk

Posted July 07, 2006 - 09:43 AM

Ha that is funny. I have always found it pretty ineffective to ask for help and then bitch at the people I am asking for help from.

A. or B.

• Bigcr

Posted July 07, 2006 - 10:23 AM

A. or B.

:ride: How about B? :ride:

• Doughnut

Posted July 07, 2006 - 10:30 AM

Option C:
Why dont you just spare that poor, poor 426 motor and give it to someone who accually knows what there doing and wont blow it up!

• getdrunk

Posted July 07, 2006 - 03:06 PM

dudes i think i figerd it out. b4 i was sittin in the computer chair inhailng computer spray and past out and then had a dreem and i figerd out whatm goes wear.

now sinse i got the oil in it should i kick it over a little to get hte oil through it or no?

i mooved teh tank back to teh front

• elcamino76

Posted July 07, 2006 - 03:18 PM

you should be carefull with that computer spray i had a co worker (a young immature guy) who was doing that to lower his voice and was fired.

• getdrunk

Posted July 07, 2006 - 03:38 PM

you should be carefull with that computer spray i had a co worker (a young immature guy) who was doing that to lower his voice and was fired.

hey do you know any thing about computer spray. like if you breath it in. i reserched it and cantfind no info on if it kills or no.

• grayracer513

Posted July 07, 2006 - 03:44 PM

my filter is on the left.

I thought you said it was a 426. ?

• getdrunk

Posted July 07, 2006 - 03:49 PM

I thought you said it was a 426. ?

yeah. i think it is the 426. i was told it was. looks like it too. like when i sit on the quad teh oil filter and clutch are on the left side

• grayracer513

Posted July 07, 2006 - 03:56 PM

In that case....

it's not a Yamaha YZF, or,

the engine is in backward, or,

you're sitting on it backward, or,

the engine is in upside down, or,

you're too intoxicated to determine right from left.

• Numskull

Posted July 07, 2006 - 04:57 PM

In that case....

it's not a Yamaha YZF, or,

the engine is in backward, or,

you're sitting on it backward, or,

the engine is in upside down, or,

you're too intoxicated to determine right from left.

Now im laughing :ride:

Logic and stupidity meet :ride:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.