CR High Bend Pro Tapers - 6'2'' tall?

24 replies to this topic
  • Supplicate

Posted July 21, 2006 - 08:59 PM

Have any of you guys that have lifted the bars more than 1 1/2" needed

I can't remember hte exact numbers on my total rise over OEM, but it came up somewhere around 3 or 4 inches IIRC.

I did wind up having to go with longer throttle cables, and then later went with an Edlebrock which has longer cables that come with the carb.

edit:

I also went with longer clutch cable, but that wasn't a good idea. It wound up breaking on me in Baja when trying to leave the El Coyote ranch and the group was delayed because of it :ride:

But Irondude/MikeKay was good enough to give me his spare OEM cable and showed me the correct routing to make it work.

thanks again mike :thumbsup:

edit again:

here are some pics compairing OEM height w/ the current setup:

http://i14.photobuck...cs/830fc00f.jpg
http://i14.photobuck...cs/3840bdfe.jpg
http://i14.photobuck...cs/15e9c9a1.jpg

the pic with the OEM top clamp is w/ a set of Renthal Jimmy Button High's which if I remember correctly are the tallest 7/8 bars that Renthal makes.

• Mudshark

Posted July 21, 2006 - 09:24 PM

I can't remember hte exact numbers on my total rise over OEM, but it came up somewhere around 3 or 4 inches IIRC.

Thanks, great pics too.
Where do I get longer cables?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Supplicate

Posted July 21, 2006 - 09:28 PM

I have a set for a 650R that I could sell ya.

Or you can get a set from Terry Cable.

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted July 21, 2006 - 09:51 PM

Have any of you guys that have lifted the bars more than 1 1/2" needed
to get longer throttle cables?

I noticed with a swap to 3/4" adapters and CR high bend pro tapers that throttle and clutch cables were still fine, but definitely had to play around with the kill switch mounting on mine. With the 650R the engine would cut out if the bars were turned to lock in one direction or the other. Proper routing of the wiring is everything, but I really had to scoot the switch on mine farther away from the grip.

• Mudshark

Posted July 22, 2006 - 02:50 PM

Thanks for the input guys,
Well I'll be going just over an inch higher with stock bars, so I should be
okay then I guess.
However if I do end up needing them.... how much for the longer cables Supplicate ?
I might just buy them anyway, spares never hurt. :thumbsup:

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.