What size numbers?

18 replies to this topic
  • barch88

Posted July 05, 2006 - 01:03 PM

Im getting a 3 digit number (121). I need to know what sizes to get.

• hedpi

Posted July 05, 2006 - 01:07 PM

i'm sorry but i don't understand what you are asking

• barch88

Posted July 05, 2006 - 01:09 PM

They have like 8 inch, 4 inch, 6 inch, I need to know what size would fit good on the plates. Not be too big or too small looking.

• hedpi

Posted July 05, 2006 - 02:32 PM

ohhh... a number!! lol...

actually i prefer the bigger ones over the smaller ones, but it's a personal choice i think.. each one of us has his favourites..

anyway if you get them too big you can always cut a bit, if you get small you cant :ride:

• barch88

Posted July 05, 2006 - 02:36 PM

I would try it on the bikes at the dealer, but there Hondas, which have bigger plates than Yamaha's, and are more "square" looking.

• hedpi

Posted July 05, 2006 - 03:37 PM

make a search for "pictures" here, 90% have numbers on the plates so you can get an idea of how each look

• almostinvincible119

Posted July 05, 2006 - 04:57 PM

well...i am 119 and i had to cut part of my 1 off of the left side panel...the pipe side and front fit fine...but the attack graphics company that rocky mountain sells only charges 35 for standard preprinted. i paid 8 bucks per 3 numbers...so like, 26 bucks after tax. go with preprinted, no line up, perfect placement, no hassle, and only 10 bucks more. i figured im going to end up getting preprinted eventually...so i should have chilled when i bought my bike, but i guess thats the fever.

• aedwards07

Posted July 05, 2006 - 06:47 PM

I agree.Just get some preprints.But thats not what your asking.I ran 7inch numbers on my 06 yz450 when I first got it.BTW my number is 275.

• bg10459

Posted July 05, 2006 - 07:03 PM

I'm 172. I've got 8" on the side plates and 6" on the front plate of my WR. You can probably fit 8" all around.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bumblebee

Posted July 05, 2006 - 07:09 PM

dont get attack graphics. they are extremely crappy quality n scratch n tear real easy. definitely not worth the money. graphicmx.com is what ya want. definitely rugged and good lookin

• 02YZ426

Posted July 05, 2006 - 07:16 PM

Get the Decal Works backgrouds with your number printed on it... They look the best IMO.

• barch88

Posted July 05, 2006 - 11:32 PM

Im going to go with Decal Works EZ Series, DPW (fellow TT'er) has them on his 06 and they look like they are single numbers, but they are perfect because their pre-print. Very basic, very clean, and nice numbers.

I figure do it right and go with pre-prints, 6 or 8 inch would have worked though eh? Anyways, thanks guys. I noticed the EZ Series arent that much money, should I get a application kit for them or are they easy to put on?

• jamiehughes

Posted July 06, 2006 - 04:28 AM

decal works is the way to go, and don't waste your money on an installation kit, you don't need it. get the ones with the red border(if you are running black backgrounds) i did and they look sweet..

• 116CJ

Posted July 06, 2006 - 04:37 AM

decal works is the way to go. i got the application kit, i think it was worth it. there is enough stuff in there to last a while and its got the stuff to take the sticky residue off too, i used it for my numbers and graphics and i didn't get a bubble or anything anywhere. you can always use windex though but it would be tough on the exhaust side number plate without something.

• NYMXer

Posted July 06, 2006 - 04:50 AM

My # is 109 and I have 8" numbers on the bike. Since you also have a 1 in your number, ou should have no problem w/ the 8" numbres. :ride:

• almostinvincible119

Posted July 06, 2006 - 09:35 AM

just use some soap and water in a spray bottle and a credit card or squeegee to put them on with. ESP for the pipe side. bumblebee: i was going to get some preprinted, thanks for the info on attack

• 02YZ426

Posted July 06, 2006 - 01:50 PM

I didn't bother with the application kit at all, waste of money IMO. I put my decals on dry without the help of soap windex or anything.. and they went on perfect. Guess it just depends how patient you are, take your time and they will go on fine.

• jamiehughes

Posted July 06, 2006 - 07:47 PM

i put mine on with nothing also, i hate waiting for the soap and water method to dry(D.A.Y.S.)sometimes. i just go real slow, if you get a bubble you can usually still pull up a section of the graphic to get it out.

• almostinvincible119

Posted July 06, 2006 - 08:28 PM

heat gun (on low temp, a foot away from plastic) or a hair dryer...took 30 mins for a full graphics kit on my old bike with the soap/water-heatgun method

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.