WR450 & CRF450 Mod Question.

7 replies to this topic
  • monster energy

Posted July 05, 2006 - 11:17 AM

......and if you are going to reply with "do a search", than go ahead and @#$* off right now. So anyway, does the Honda CRF need to have the same, or similar mods done to make it the bike it was designed to be performance wise? If I heard correctly Yamaha governed the bike to pass sound/emission standards or something along those lines. So why are the Hondas able to pass these standards? (assuming no mods are necessary).

• airhose

Posted July 05, 2006 - 12:10 PM

......and if you are going to reply with "do a search", than go ahead and @#$* off right now. So anyway, does the Honda CRF need to have the same, or similar mods done to make it the bike it was designed to be performance wise? If I heard correctly Yamaha governed the bike to pass sound/emission standards or something along those lines. So why are the Hondas able to pass these standards? (assuming no mods are necessary).

Are you asking a question here or just looking for a fight? Why don't you ask the Honda guys on their forum since they might be better versed on CRF performance modifications?
Perhaps you could do a search for "how to compose a rational and lucid message that will evoke useful and constructive response". Just an idea.

• MountainMax

Posted July 05, 2006 - 12:14 PM

I don't think either other manufacturer does this with our direct competition bikes, they done it to make them green I guess. Im sure other mods can be done to them, but not to the extent of the before/after as the 05/06 WR's (search, lol, Had to say it bud)

• Punisher660

Posted July 05, 2006 - 12:18 PM

I am assuming you are talking about the CRF450X and not the standard CRF450. That being said, I think they suffer the same CARB regulation and have similar mods. Admitted, I am not a CRF guy, but I have read on their forums somthing about a 'pink' wire mod.

You might have a little better luck checking in on the CRFX forum for more specifics - as per the WR, you know the basics, and they really are not a big deal to do to get a very well performing bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • monster energy

Posted July 05, 2006 - 04:52 PM

Are you asking a question here or just looking for a fight? Why don't you ask the Honda guys on their forum since they might be better versed on CRF performance modifications?
Perhaps you could do a search for "how to compose a rational and lucid message that will evoke useful and constructive response". Just an idea.

Did you see a question mark? Why would I ask the guys on the Honda forum when I knew I would get honest knowledgeable answers such as the ones the 2 gentlemen after you gave? Or are you just looking to pick a fight? Grow up son....

• LimyWPom

Posted July 05, 2006 - 09:52 PM

Monster, the CRFX does'nt need the 'free mods' they are not restricted. For some strange reason Yamaha went over board with the whole noise emission thing.
Not tring to be funny, but are you running more oil in the transmision? My buddy has gone up from the recomended 650ml and is running close to a quart in his X

• RichBaker

Posted July 06, 2006 - 08:22 PM

CRF-Xs have a baffle in their exhaust, don't know about other restrictions, though.

• odonnks

Posted July 07, 2006 - 06:47 PM

PM me with a email address.
I have a Dirt Bike comparo that included the CRFx and WR where they talked about what was necessary to get the intended engine performance.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.