06 E-Start Questions

4 replies to this topic
  • TrlCutter

Posted July 05, 2006 - 05:48 AM

Will the starter work on these bikes when it is in gear and the clutch pulled in. Mine will not. I raced a CRFx a while back and the starter would work when the cluctch was in. Does the WR have to be in nuetral for the starter to work? If so has anyone removed or hard wired the nuetral safety switch so the bike will start while in gear?

• 300wby

Posted July 05, 2006 - 06:46 AM

Mine starts with the clutch engaged....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted July 05, 2006 - 06:47 AM

The bike should start in gear with the clutch pulled in. The switch is a spring loaded plunger that releases when the lever is pulled. Check the switch. I had one stick in the off position. Just a little dirty. Cleaned it up and it's been fine ever since.

• baha

Posted July 05, 2006 - 07:34 AM

Hell- after a few months mine would start with it in gear and clutch out, has not proved to be useful

• MountainMax

Posted July 05, 2006 - 12:23 PM

Yeah, it's suppose to, there is a switch in there to allow this, it can be handy to get you out of tight spots if you stall.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.