How Are the 06s holding Up?

27 replies to this topic
  • Doug McGill

Posted July 12, 2006 - 06:17 PM

Just like usual, I havn't heard of any problems. The Honda forums are up a ways on the page. :ride:

• DPW

Posted July 12, 2006 - 06:29 PM

50 hours so far and no problems! :ride:

• barch88

Posted July 12, 2006 - 06:38 PM

Im guessing around 20 hours, give or take a hour on mine. Im just about to check the valves for the first time this weekend, but everything is running fine and seeks okay! :ride:

• DPW

Posted July 12, 2006 - 06:45 PM

Im guessing around 20 hours, give or take a hour on mine.

Stop guessing and hit the local Sears and get an hour meter..
:ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GONE1445

Posted July 12, 2006 - 06:48 PM

does the 06's still have the oil in the frame like the older 450's and 426's??

I want an 06 soooo bad just because they came back with the 5 speed and aluminium frame I am gonna save my money and sell my 426 and get one or I might just keep my 426 its so cool I love it and to any one who doesn't know how much power these 450's have I weigh 280 and my 426 scares the crap out of me when I twist the throttle

• barch88

Posted July 12, 2006 - 06:50 PM

Stop guessing and hit the local Sears and get an hour meter..
:ride:

Well, when Im at the track I ride for about 4-5 Hours. I been to the track 3 times with my bike so far, and I rode some trails for 5 hours.

How much do the hour meters run at Sears? Also, do they have the RPM reading on them, because I played with my idle screw and Im not sure if it's too high or too low. Is it something like this?

Posted Image

• RideRaceLive123

Posted July 12, 2006 - 07:09 PM

Is it something like this?

Posted Image

Yessiree. But I got a briggs and stratton one for $15 at the local lawn mower place.

• barch88

Posted July 12, 2006 - 07:13 PM

Alright, Ill pick one up. Does it show the RPM or no? Im going to try and find one that shows the RPM too, I know Yamaha makes one, but I want to find one in town.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.