2005 WR450 Grey Wire

7 replies to this topic
  • kurtisleo

Posted July 04, 2006 - 04:47 AM

I just purchased an '05 WR450. Is there anyone who has placed a switch on the grey wire to go back and forth from the different timing curves? If so, do you need to have the engine turned off when doing so? or doesn't it matter? How much more abrupt is the bike with the grey wire cut? I'm used to an '01 yz426f but it was alot to handle in some of the tight stuff in upper Michigan.

Thanks,

Kurt

• Strike

Posted July 04, 2006 - 05:01 AM

Grey wire does not effect bottom end.
You would have to re-stsrt the bike everytime you wanted to swap timing.
The bike is a little more in the mid - top. Not much, but noticable.

• WGP

Posted July 04, 2006 - 07:57 AM

Sounds like a waste of time.....Just clip it.....

• Dodjy

Posted July 04, 2006 - 06:33 PM

I also found that my bike's idle was more stable for some reason.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kurtisleo

Posted July 05, 2006 - 08:43 AM

Thanks -- If it doesn't affect bottem end I will clip it.

• Flaminchiten1967

Posted July 06, 2006 - 06:55 AM

Someone posted awhile back that he placed a switch instead of just cutting it, he ended up taking the switch out cause he never used it and just left it switched off.

• dirtr1der

Posted July 06, 2006 - 08:33 AM

Don't waste your time with a switch. It shouldn't make that big of a difference in the tight stuff. You'll get used to the power in the mid/high and not want to switch it back.

• Dube2

Posted July 06, 2006 - 12:15 PM

the only difference I could remember was continous stalling shortly after cutting the wire, but got use to the new YZ timing and never looked back. she runs like a charm. :ride:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.