05 WR, Bro just got one, any quirks I should know about?

5 replies to this topic
  • SteadyEddy

Posted July 04, 2006 - 04:15 AM

Hey all

I got and 03 model that I know pretty well. My brother just got a second hand 05" model with 1200kms on it :ride: , is there anything that I should check and sort out other then the usual....

Thanks.
Eddy

p.s I havent taken it for a ride yet but it feels heaps better then my 03 :ride: , i think its time to take order of the 07

• Seabass

Posted July 04, 2006 - 03:08 PM

The only quirk I can think of is pent up jealousy of your brother!!! :ride:

• Strike

Posted July 04, 2006 - 04:43 PM

No quirks, just regular maintenance.
I would tear into it, greasing up all of the bearings. Not many people grease up their bikes. If you leave the shock linkage too long, they sieze very quickly.

The grey wire mod works on our Aussie 2005 bikes too. Not sure about your 2003?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SteadyEddy

Posted July 05, 2006 - 12:12 AM

Thanks,

Yeah I put a switch in on mine for grey wire on, and grey wire off. I couldnt notice any difference. But ill check his out and see if if its been done yet.

• pkcof

Posted July 05, 2006 - 01:05 AM

where in Aus ?? - Melbourne here ...

• SteadyEddy

Posted July 05, 2006 - 04:03 AM

Freezing cold canberra :ride:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.