backwards footpegs

4 replies to this topic
  • AK-thumper

Posted November 11, 2001 - 11:15 PM

I read about some pro that had his 426 footpegs cut off and rewelded backwards to move them down and back slightly. Anyone done this? What do you think?
I want to try it but I don't know how to weld so I just want to buy some. Anybody know where to get some backwards pegs for a WR426?

• JKC

Posted November 12, 2001 - 05:03 AM

Check out archived post:

Lowered Foot Pegs

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tom14911

Posted November 12, 2001 - 12:11 PM

I have done the mod that JKC hot-linked. Its easy and reversible. I have not had a problem with it. I used a dremel tool instead of a hacksaw.

In addition to my newly aquired +3 triple clamp the bike is mucho more comfortable to me. 6-3, 215.

• JKC

Posted November 12, 2001 - 02:48 PM

The washer really makes it nice and tight (Jake and KerryT get the credit for that idea). It's amazing how much of a difference moving them down so little makes. Oh yeah, I am also 6'3" and 2%0 lbs...

• AK-thumper

Posted November 12, 2001 - 07:47 PM

Thanks, didn't realize it could be done without welding.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.