CRAP!!! my pipe is loud!!

10 replies to this topic
  • EatDirt5

Posted July 03, 2006 - 09:38 PM

Ok, i completly spaced this when i bought it so don't give me greif, i have an '05 WR450F with a PC T-4 pipe with a quiet tip, but it is still loud as a mother...i'm going to go ride at Hollister Hills this weekend but everyone i talk to says they check any bike that is remotely loud. Anyone know how loud those pipes r, if there way to loud i guess i'll have to buy a new pipe because i don't want to spend 100+ dollars in gas driving down there to be turned around at the gate.

• xcracer123

Posted July 03, 2006 - 09:45 PM

Why don't you just take your stock pipe with you?

You could/should have just gotten the tip from ProMotoBillet to put in the stock can.:ride: It has worked great for me.

• JSanfilippo

Posted July 03, 2006 - 11:44 PM

Ok, i completly spaced this when i bought it so don't give me greif, i have an '05 WR450F with a PC T-4 pipe with a quiet tip, but it is still loud as a mother...i'm going to go ride at Hollister Hills this weekend but everyone i talk to says they check any bike that is remotely loud. Anyone know how loud those pipes r, if there way to loud i guess i'll have to buy a new pipe because i don't want to spend 100+ dollars in gas driving down there to be turned around at the gate.

They won't reject you at the gate...they'll let you pay the $5 entrance fee, park and unload your shit, and then a ranger will most likely pull you over on the main road, take you to the sound area and test you, and then when you fail kick your ass out of the park. :ride:

Dirt Bike magazine tested a free modded and properly jetted WR with the stock "stinger" baffle at 46 HP. I have every reason to belive that this bike with the stock pipe/PMB insert makes 48 hp. Just run the stock pipe, it'll save you lots of hassle :ride:

• EatDirt5

Posted July 05, 2006 - 12:26 AM

Why don't you just take your stock pipe with you?

You could/should have just gotten the tip from ProMotoBillet to put in the stock can. It has worked great for me.

They won't reject you at the gate...they'll let you pay the $5 entrance fee, park and unload your shit, and then a ranger will most likely pull you over on the main road, take you to the sound area and test you, and then when you fail kick your ass out of the park.

Dirt Bike magazine tested a free modded and properly jetted WR with the stock "stinger" baffle at 46 HP. I have every reason to belive that this bike with the stock pipe/PMB insert makes 48 hp. Just run the stock pipe, it'll save you lots of hassle

to bad i threw the stock pipe away...and i din't know u could just put a new core in the stock pipe and give u the same power only quiet...damnit

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted July 05, 2006 - 02:19 AM

Anyone know how loud those pipes r,

I think they're around 102-103

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kevin204

Posted July 05, 2006 - 02:42 AM

Yup, the T-4 is one loud sunbitchin pipe.

• MountainMax

Posted July 05, 2006 - 12:22 PM

I think it's almost as loud as the stock YZ exhaust, which is crazy loud when you roll the throttle, I kept my stock muffler with PMB insert however, in case i neeed to go quiet.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted July 05, 2006 - 04:41 PM

I have a Factory 4 pipe. Last week at Gorman, the ranger tested me at over 104db. Hell, it was idling at over 100db.

I am going back to the factory pipe. I have learned to appreciate the quiet.

What the db level of the stock pipe vs the stock pipe with the pmb insert?

Why is it that all of the glowing reviews of the wr450 against its competition never do anything other than remove the throttle stop, yet they rave about its pull and power? Is it relative to the other corked up bikes that they test?

• Junior426

Posted July 05, 2006 - 05:57 PM

Its pretty simple really, everyone just needs to buy a Q2 and be done with it, they are seriosly the best pipes ever made. Do you think you really need a loud pipe anyways? The extra horsepower gained from a pipe will not make you a better rider, it is up to you to become a better rider. With that being said, good luck and ride safe! :ride: :ride:

• EatDirt5

Posted July 05, 2006 - 06:11 PM

Its pretty simple really, everyone just needs to buy a Q2 and be done with it, they are seriosly the best pipes ever made. Do you think you really need a loud pipe anyways? The extra horsepower gained from a pipe will not make you a better rider, it is up to you to become a better rider. With that being said, good luck and ride safe!

Word, i bought my son a new Wr250 in January and we put the Q2 on it, great pipe and quiet...if only i would have done the same.

• JSanfilippo

Posted July 06, 2006 - 10:17 AM

What the db level of the stock pipe vs the stock pipe with the pmb insert?

The stock pipe with the stock insert and the "baffle within a baffle" removed tested at 91.5 decibels in the Dirt Bike E-start 450 shootout earlier this year. I'm guessing the Stock pipe with the PMB insert would test around 94 or 95 decibels

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.