Directions to Kennedy Meadows

3 replies to this topic
  • Tom14911

Posted November 11, 2001 - 06:46 AM

Do aany of you California guys have the directions to Kennedy Meadows off of 395?

Thanks id advance.

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted November 11, 2001 - 08:17 PM

Depends on when you're going and what your driving. The AAA Tulare Co map shows J22 going across from Earlimart to Troy Meadows - looks like it would be a long, slow drive. I've been on the road around Johnsondale and you couldn't pay me to tow my 36ft 5th wheel across to Troy Meadows.

The long, smart way is I5 south to Hwy 58 across Tehacapi to Mojave, Hwy 14 north to where it joins 395, a few miles north on 395 to Pearsonville - hubcap city & small racetrack, left/west on Nine mile Cyn for 37 miles to Troy Meadows Ranger Station.

Either way it's a long ass drive from the Bay Area - figure 8 hours minimum if you're towing.

When are you thinking about going? There is some good info/better detail directions on if you do a search on kennedy meadows in the places to ride forum.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tom14911

Posted November 12, 2001 - 06:20 AM

No towing. Just my pickup. I hear great stuff about riding there. I have never been.

The group of us that were planning a Stony trip this coming weekend may change and go someplace we have never been. Just considering that spot.

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted November 12, 2001 - 08:55 AM

It's a hell of a long drive for a weekend trip. You may want to with the ranger station - might be snowed in if they got pummeled by this storm.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.