another good check...

6 replies to this topic
  • revolucien

Posted July 03, 2006 - 08:59 AM

Just wanted to post this cause it feels good when you make the right choice..

I bought my '04 yz450f in November 2003. I have changed the oil and cleaned the air filter semi regularly. I have also beat the piss out of this bike and me being 6'5" 250lbs, it might be a little tougher on the bike than the average rider. I have raced the bike, bounced off the rev limiter and let the bike bounce on several occaisions from missed jump attempts. I just took the bike in for a service and first valve check and..... perfect! in factory specs, and no adjustments needed. I watch friends riding or not riding(cause they are in the shop getting a 10-hour valve adjust or replacement) other bikes and I'm glad I made the right choice- the guys at Yamaha are to be commended for an excellent product, and if you chose a Yamaha congrats on a good purchase!

P.S. my next bike will probably be an Aprilia RXV 450 because it looks like a bad ass bike, AND I don't need another Yamaha cause this one still works great. :ride:

• crfmatt

Posted July 03, 2006 - 11:48 AM

They sure are great as far as reliability...

• flintlock28

Posted July 03, 2006 - 01:06 PM

The last review I read of the Aprilia didn't sound so great...I can't remember what Mag I read the review in (recent issue), but the bike had terrible wheel spin.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • revolucien

Posted July 03, 2006 - 01:51 PM

I'm actually looking at the Aprilia for a SuperMotard bike so it should be alright.

• Satch0922

Posted July 04, 2006 - 03:50 AM

excellent! But don't post this anywhere near the other thumper forums! :ride:

• Butta

Posted July 04, 2006 - 06:46 AM

The last review I read of the Aprilia didn't sound so great...I can't remember what Mag I read the review in (recent issue), but the bike had terrible wheel spin.

I guess that's what happens when you overpower the back tire....dang, what a horrible problem to contend with!!!! LOL

• flintlock28

Posted July 04, 2006 - 01:25 PM

It is a problem when racing MX......just look at the 2003 Yz450f, compared to the 2006 model. A huge hit is fun, but better managed application of power leads to shorter lap times.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.