Best place to find an ACERBIS rearview mirror?

5 replies to this topic
  • jamesravenwood

Posted July 03, 2006 - 08:20 AM

I plated my 06' wr450....
The search function is again disabled around here, and the only place I have found a mirror is on ebay for a whopping $17.95, and $18 for shipping? &%$#@!? Id appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction, ive searched the net to only find the mirrors out of stock everywhere. OR a decent mirror that will get me buy.

• hartzpad

Posted July 03, 2006 - 08:42 AM

don't know who would have one in stock, but I wouldn't buy one.

I just bought a plated '01 WR426F and it has an Acerbis folding mirror that is worthless. It vibrates so much that you can't even use it and the clamp is cheap plastic that will not tighten up enough to even keep the mirror from folding down on its own, and this is on smooth pavement, off road it is worse. I've been looking at the MSR folding mirrors instead.

• PBDBLUE

Posted July 03, 2006 - 08:47 AM

don't know who would have one in stock, but I wouldn't buy one.

Ditto. The Acerbis mirror is only good for keeping your local police officer happy. In practicality it's useless. Get a billet mount and a folding mirror (part # 01-0090) from Baja Designs (www.bajadesigns.com) if you want something that actually works.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jamesravenwood

Posted July 03, 2006 - 10:08 AM

Wow, thanks for the heads up on that. I assume you are referring to Baja designs part numbers : 180090 which is the folding dual sport mirror, and 180122, the mirror mount?
I did a search for "mirror" on the website and those are what came up....

THanks guys!

• PBDBLUE

Posted July 03, 2006 - 10:28 AM

Actually I like the billet mount (180080) that replaces the back half of the clutch perch. You'll find in in the catalog under motorcycle accessries/mirrors & mounts. It's a little pricey but much more compact and one less thing hanging on the bar.

• Bryan Bosch

Posted July 03, 2006 - 03:49 PM

I plated my 06' wr450....
The search function is again disabled around here, and the only place I have found a mirror is on ebay for a whopping $17.95, and $18 for shipping? &%$#@!? Id appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction, ive searched the net to only find the mirrors out of stock everywhere. OR a decent mirror that will get me buy.

Sometimes you are always where you need to be. We carry Acerbis, UFO, Ken Sean & others. We also carrry the billet mirror adaptors and shipping is not anywere close to $18.00.

Here's a link to the section in our catalog:
http://shop.thumpert...ories_s/899.htm

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.