600 clutch cable question

4 replies to this topic
  • Slim Shadetree

Posted July 02, 2006 - 06:41 PM

Hello,

I took my clutch cable off to lube it and now I can't seem to get it back on. I didn't move any of the bolts on it but it appears too short now.

( i don't know any of the real names for these things so bear with my description )

when removing the cable does the hinged unit that the bottom end of the cable fits into on the engine move or need to be relocated before the cable will fit on again ?

my lever is no longer jammed with dirt, and my cable is all lubed up and I want to test it out... help me :ride:

• bork

Posted July 03, 2006 - 05:35 AM

How did you remove it/ Did you pull the lever in , then pulled on cable casing to get it out of the holder/adjuster?(up at handle bars) Thats what you would have to do in reverse but wont be able to cause the pull needed to get basket below disengaged would be next to impossible without the leverage . So long story short, just screw every thing in to looen & installed and readjust to specs or you own feel & enjoy!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Marc with a c

Posted July 03, 2006 - 03:46 PM

This is what works for me. Install the cable end onto the clutch arm on the engine first. Then without the cable through the adjuster place the other end of the your cable into the clucth lever. Now put the housing end of your cable against the lock ring on your adjuster with the inner cable through the slot. Pull the clutch lever in. and while releasing the lever, pull the housing back at the same speed untill you can set it back into its original spot.

• Slim Shadetree

Posted July 06, 2006 - 02:30 PM

How did you remove it/ Did you pull the lever in , then pulled on cable casing to get it out of the holder/adjuster?(up at handle bars) Thats what you would have to do in reverse but wont be able to cause the pull needed to get basket below disengaged would be next to impossible without the leverage . So long story short, just screw every thing in to looen & installed and readjust to specs or you own feel & enjoy!

:ride: it hurts my brain to read what you wrote.

• XR_Dude

Posted July 07, 2006 - 06:39 AM

Yea Bork, you must of been bussed to Dade County for grade school!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.