New rear break pedal

5 replies to this topic
  • woodsk

Posted July 02, 2006 - 01:52 PM

Took a pretty good tumble this weekend and need a new rear break pedal. The OEM one is $114 wich is a little stiff for some cast alum. but I cannot find an aftermarket one other than one from sunline which will not be avaliable for some time.

Anyone know of an aftermarket break pedal for YZ/WR?

Thanks

• mtrablue

Posted July 02, 2006 - 08:14 PM

your best bet is ebay. get on bikebandit.com and do a little homework. i'd bet that brake pedal is on a lot of yamaha wr/yz's.

• Drunken Monkey

Posted July 03, 2006 - 02:27 AM

you should use a brake snake. It is wire that ties the brake pedal to the frame so it cant be bent out and snapped off. Save you $$$.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • woodsk

Posted July 03, 2006 - 10:30 AM

I'm with you on the break snake, have one on my 400, but not on my 450. I will now though.

Thanks for the input

• bluebike1999

Posted July 03, 2006 - 02:19 PM

woodsk

you probably already have the part number, but you can copy this and get a quote from here.
5TA-27200-00-00 PEDAL, BRAKE

you can try these guys
http://www.jp-parts.com/index.html

see how you go.
good luck

• 642MX

Posted July 03, 2006 - 04:10 PM

Here you go, the brake pedal is less than $77 here. click here

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.