Rekluse with Delo oil is that hard on our 450's???

6 replies to this topic
  • snow

Posted July 01, 2006 - 08:30 PM

I know Rekluse recomends Delo or Rotela but are those oils protecting our bikes very well??? I thought the motorcycle oils are alot different but maybe I'm wrong. I ran Yamalube in my Rekluse and it works great I just thought I would try to go With Delo but am I little woried about the oil breaking down.

• snow

Posted July 06, 2006 - 06:41 PM

Anyone???

• FriscoKLR

Posted July 06, 2006 - 07:19 PM

So far I've used Silkolene and Bel EXL in my '06 450 since installing my Rekluse and will be going to the rotella next because its cheap. Using only a quart of oil including the clutch I think it best to change it every couple rides. At that short of an interval I really don't think any decent wet clutch compatible oil is gonna matter much.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jerryls

Posted July 06, 2006 - 08:10 PM

I've been using Rotella for two years w/ my Rekluse. As mentioned above, changing the oil frequently is probably more important than the brand used.

Jerry

• Indy_WR450

Posted July 09, 2006 - 03:28 AM

The new reformultated Delo 400 will smoke your clutch. Stick with the Rotella T product. :ride:

• ncmountainman

Posted July 09, 2006 - 06:17 AM

ya the new delo has a little too much moly, as far as the diesel oils go,they work in one of the harshest environments there is and they keep your motor nice and clean due to their soot control properties,the oil will look a little blacker upon draining and i believe thats the reason.

• 642MX

Posted July 09, 2006 - 07:34 PM

Do a search on oils. You will find that alot of us use Rotella with no problems.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.