Q for Blue Boner

Ever get any more feedback from anyone running the Ty Davis Link? Still haven't got my suspenders set up to make the most of it but I'm optimistic. I personally need to get a stiffer spring in the rear so my race sag can be set properly. I'm at 105mm right now and can't get it to 95mm without changing to the stiffer spring(recommended by Ty Davis' mechanic when I spoke with him about tuning).

Blue Thunder, I actually haven't heard of any more people on this site giving any feedback on the suspension link. I think I'm going to call Zip-Ty racing next week to pick their brains. You mentioned you may have to change coils to get proper sag, personally I don't think I would buy the piece if I had to do that. I did see Dirt Rider mag had it on their WR 250 for the 24 hours of Glen Helen so it must work. Also, do you have the Zip-Ty magnetic drain plug? Another part I'm considering. Eric

My Zip-Ty parts list is extensive and goes like this...Air filter cage ring, chain adjuster block kit,magnetic drain plug, terry cable flywheel weight(12 oz.),shark fin and throttle wheel pulley all get the big "thumbs up". I also have the "Magic Link' which is cool but confusing(I'm no suspension ace like the MXTuner)? Then there's the axle hex extender, chain guide/slider & wheels(T.M. Designworks:nylon) that are cool but I could live without them. The chain slider and guide, in particular, are EXTREMELY noisy although there is absolutely no wear spots on them anywhere, so I guess they serve their purpose. Gets old explaining why my chain slap is so bad though :D . Hope this helps out anyone interested in Zip-Ty gear.

BTW....I need a stiffer spring due to the extra 20#s I'm packing around since I quit smoking! I gotta get back in the gym ? I never could get my sag below 100mm with the stock spring, even before the Link was installed....gotta be close to 250 w/gear now :D

[ November 11, 2001: Message edited by: BlueThunder ]

A big thumbs up to quitting smoking! I'm more in the 200lb range with gear so I guess the coil wouldn't be an issue. The link, drain plug and the throttle wheel pulley are all on the X-mas list so I will give you my opinion in a few months. Happy Trails, Eric

Think you'll be pleased with the magnetic drain plug and the throttle wheel pulley. Let me know if you find out the secret to tuning the rear suspension with the Link. I gotta be missing something, somewhere, cause I understand the theory behind the design, just can't seem to get it dialed in for my riding style. I'll keep trying and will keep you posted.

BlueThunder, What spring are you going to install? I am about 240 with gear and have my stock spring cranked all the way down!! ? to get the proper sag. This keeps me from having any pre sag. I think it is drasticly effecting the ride. I wonder if the next size spring will be enough? curious to hear what your going to put in.

Jason

Bluethunder, I just noticed that you snowmobile!! ? We should get together for a ride sometime Bikes or sleds. I have been riden all over the place this summer. Randel, Manashtash,Taneum,camp 18,Walker valley,Reiter. The snow is hopefully going to start flying. Just got a new 800 RMK. Need to get it broke in.

Send me a private message and I'll give you my E-mail address See ya

[ November 12, 2001: Message edited by: Jason Williams ]

Hey Jay....not sure what spring to run, I was gonna research it a bit over the winter while the bike's put away. I'm not even sure what the stock coil specs. are yet. My guess would be to bump the spring rate at least 2 rates heavier than stock, but that's just a guess ? . I'm definitely not a good source for advice on suspension. Just curious, where do you do most of your riding? Good to hear from another WA rider. Good luck with the suspender tuning.