Pa plated WR....finally

11 replies to this topic
  • Express

Posted July 01, 2006 - 10:38 AM

Just wanted to boast a little, took 2 long months but Im finally street legal on my 06 WR450 :ride: :ride: :ride: :banana:

• darthmullet67

Posted July 01, 2006 - 08:12 PM

Hey man can you give me the low down on what all you needed to do to get your WR plated in PA. I am currently in the process and just want to send the paperwork in once. Where abouts are you located and any suggestions on inspection stations and what not. Thanks for any help, hopefully I can get my 05 WR plated soon.

• odonnks

Posted July 02, 2006 - 02:26 AM

Once you submitted the reconstructed inspection booklet with pictures was there any hitches or did you have to jump thru additional hoops?
I gues my questions is : Once you submitted the pics and paperwork did you just wait it out?

Also, which DS kit did you use?
Any problems ?
Did the inspector want the AIS intact?

• Express

Posted July 02, 2006 - 07:17 PM

I did all the mods while I was installing the Baja Designs DS kit. The topic of the quality of the Baja kit has been hashed over before for both good and bad but for my 2 cents other than a bit of a problem it all went well and so far so good.

I had the shop I purchased the bike from do the pre inspection....inspection. If you get that completed its a matter of having your Ts crossed and Is dotted for the state and the waiting game.

As far as whats needed. The basics in a Baja Designs kit plus a front brake switch and a set of DOT tires along with some type of odometer. After the paperwork comes back with the new registration card and your plate you need the final inspection but unless youve changes something thats a done deal.

As I said I did do the mods first. AIS, PMB all the basics talked about here. It wasnt any issue at all.

• Express

Posted July 02, 2006 - 07:19 PM

Oh one more if your thinking of getting you WRs plated. Ive been told PA is changing the inspection process for 2007 that will make it a bit more difficult and costly. Might want to talk with your local shop for the facts.

• odonnks

Posted July 03, 2006 - 05:48 AM

Won't the stock odometer work for a streetable DS?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Express

Posted July 03, 2006 - 09:29 PM

Stock is 2 trips and I guess that wont cut it. I was told I needed an odometer.

• Looks450

Posted July 04, 2006 - 03:38 AM

Does it annoy you fellow bretheran in the US of A that all WR's in Australia come out street legal. Is it possible for you to buy an australian varient. Just wondering?

• odonnks

Posted July 04, 2006 - 04:23 AM

Yeah, it sucks. Next visit to my dealer I'll ask but I doubt very much they could get a bike designated for another country.

• Express

Posted July 04, 2006 - 06:56 PM

LOL..just a bit annoying.

• face_plant

Posted July 05, 2006 - 08:26 AM

i am too lucky with my 05wr. it was a show bike that they never sold and never started. it has the zeta lighting kit, carbon fiber kick guards,skid plate, both chain guards, big gun pipe zeta folding levers, bars and bark busters.(lots of others)
they did the state inspection and the vin verification (no pics) go to the dmv on the 11th and i am legal. the only difference between pa and wv is the emissions

• Express

Posted July 05, 2006 - 01:08 PM

Nice....wish you had some pics.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.