07 Yz450f Motard

9 replies to this topic
  • muddza

Posted July 01, 2006 - 04:32 AM

:ride: YZ450F MOTARD :ride:

• SureBlue

Posted July 01, 2006 - 04:51 AM

Beautiful photoshop, thanks for the pic. I was seriously considering a street legal KTM 525 city playbike with supermoto wheels, but now that the new WR is alu-framed it makes me rather think of it.

• ben_suhard

Posted July 01, 2006 - 07:23 AM

Whoever laced the wheels didn't do a very good job! :ride: . It needs to be lowered too. I'm not a big fan of Supermoto, I go through tyres quick enough already, and there's not enough dirt; the tracks should be 0% road, 100% dirt!

• jason07

Posted July 01, 2006 - 07:27 AM

Whoever laced the wheels didn't do a very good job! :ride: . It needs to be lowered too. I'm not a big fan of Supermoto, I go through tyres quick enough already, and there's not enough dirt; the tracks should be 0% road, 100% dirt!

Isn't that called motocross??

• ben_suhard

Posted July 01, 2006 - 07:29 AM

Isn't that called motocross??

You're quick! :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aford541

Posted July 01, 2006 - 07:47 AM

One of my friends that races motard decided to buy a Yamaha R-1, he rode it and said how the bike would not turn or stop compared to his 220 pound motard bike.
Last year I raced the Race around Castaic lake which had at least a mile of pavement in it and had an absolute blast on the pavement on Dunlop 756 tires, they did not last very long but it really fun, I am racing that race this year but using that new 952 that way they might last the whole 45 min.

• muddza

Posted July 01, 2006 - 01:39 PM

Whoever laced the wheels didn't do a very good job! :ride: .

Well there's always one stading up on their soapbox. Funny how I don't see your efforts posted up, let's see what you got buddy. Mate I really don't feel like spending a lot of time in photochop on weekends when that's what brings home the coin for me monday to friday. So quit your barking, wake up and realise that some members on here may not be able to visualise like others and might just appreciate a sneak peak at a motard setup they may have been considering. After all that's what I was sharing with everyone, my new ride I've layed down the hard earned on.

• skidooboy

Posted July 02, 2006 - 03:46 AM

if we have to explain the addiction supermoto is, you wouldnt understand. go to a ktm demo day and throw a leg over one and truely have an open mind, and ride it like you want to. it is so much fun shredding pavement with slicks, then trying to be fast on the same slicks on a dirt section. anyone can be fast on one section or another, it's those with special talent that can do well on both substrates.

on the above yz tard pic, i am so close to ordering an 07 in white and throw all my current sm stuff on it, it isnt even funny. that bike is bad as hell! i have an 03 yzf450 completely done up for sm including d.u.n.l.o.p slicks and excell/talon wheel set ups.

we have ridden almost every weekend since may 1 on a tard track and i am having more fun than my motocross/supercross haydays. ski

• ben_suhard

Posted July 02, 2006 - 04:50 AM

Well there's always one stading up on their soapbox. Funny how I don't see your efforts posted up, let's see what you got buddy. Mate I really don't feel like spending a lot of time in photochop on weekends when that's what brings home the coin for me monday to friday. So quit your barking, wake up and realise that some members on here may not be able to visualise like others and might just appreciate a sneak peak at a motard setup they may have been considering. After all that's what I was sharing with everyone, my new ride I've layed down the hard earned on.

I shouldn't even bother replying to your post, coz you seem to be a few beers short of a six-pack, but just in case you have a sense of humour, just quietly I'll let you know it was just a joke(the :ride: should have been enough of a hint).

• ben_suhard

Posted July 02, 2006 - 04:54 AM

if we have to explain the addiction supermoto is, you wouldnt understand. go to a ktm demo day and throw a leg over one and truely have an open mind, and ride it like you want to. it is so much fun shredding pavement with slicks, then trying to be fast on the same slicks on a dirt section. anyone can be fast on one section or another, it's those with special talent that can do well on both substrates.

on the above yz tard pic, i am so close to ordering an 07 in white and throw all my current sm stuff on it, it isnt even funny. that bike is bad as hell! i have an 03 yzf450 completely done up for sm including d.u.n.l.o.p slicks and excell/talon wheel set ups.

we have ridden almost every weekend since may 1 on a tard track and i am having more fun than my motocross/supercross haydays. ski

I had a KTM525exc for three and a half years, road registered, so I need no introduction to riding a dirtbike on tarmac. If you want to ride Supermoto, that's fine with me, enjoy yourself, it's just not my cup of tea.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.