REPLACEMENT FENDER

5 replies to this topic
  • OverHillInOhio

Posted November 10, 2001 - 06:01 PM

First, some advice: Never practice wheelies with your riding buddies watching.
Next, a question: Who makes the best replacement rear fenders? Also, how about a better price for the taillight assembly than the Yamaha stock unit?

-------------------
'98 WR400F, stock as far as I know,
except using a homemade muffler tip as per thumpertalk.com
Other bikes: '87 XR600, '82 Nighthawk 550

[ November 10, 2001: Message edited by: OverHillInOhio ]

• BlueThunder

Posted November 10, 2001 - 07:28 PM

You gotta hate loopin' 'em out, especially with an audience :) Try the UFO plastic and taillight assy.. My brother replaced his factory fender/taillight on his KDX after a similar fender mod and was pleased with the price and quality. Honestly haven't seen their WR fender though. Good luck and just be thankful your tail bone wasn't broken like his :D

• MX_Tuner

Posted November 11, 2001 - 04:52 AM

The Acerbis plastic is much more brittle than anything else available. It shatters when hit hard.

If you order plastic from Yamaha by the microfiche part number, you get the expensive Yamaha stuff. If you order out of the Yamaha accessory catalog, you get UFO replacement plastic. This stuff looks virtually identical to the OEM stuff and is just as durable. The nice thing about it is it also comes with the heat shield (on the right side panel) and the metal grommets when necessary. Excellent plastic.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OverHillInOhio

Posted November 11, 2001 - 09:14 AM

Thanks, BlueThunder and MX TUNER. I knew someone on this site would have some helpful info.

• number810

Posted November 11, 2001 - 11:12 AM

Originally posted by OverHillInOhio:
First, some advice: Never practice wheelies with your riding buddies watching.
Next, a question: Who makes the best replacement rear fenders? Also, how about a better price for the taillight assembly than the Yamaha stock unit?

-------------------
'98 WR400F, stock as far as I know,
except using a homemade muffler tip as per thumpertalk.com
Other bikes: '87 XR600, '82 Nighthawk 550

[ November 10, 2001: Message edited by: OverHillInOhio ]

Baha Designs sells a fender and tail light assembly for your bike for $39.48. Its actualy a yz fender but looks 5 times better than the stock turn down fender. God probably just thought you might like a tricker looking bike. Hehe, also the set up is lighter.

[ November 11, 2001: Message edited by: number810 ]

• OverHillInOhio

Posted November 11, 2001 - 05:47 PM

Thanks for the tip, Number 810. I'll check it out.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.