Steel Framed Purists Unite!...A bit of an editorial

139 replies to this topic
  • waynus

Posted July 05, 2006 - 12:40 PM

Waynus starting to appreciate MXjunky humour!

• MotoGoalie

Posted July 05, 2006 - 01:02 PM

Hey! MXJunkys acne is well in control.

HEhehehe! That guys name is Waynus!

MXJunky!

I have a killer Marylin Manson avatar that would be good for you.

PM the moto for mo info.

• robatki

Posted July 05, 2006 - 01:46 PM

Hmmm...I guess you've never heard of a little race called the Baja 1000, or perhaps riders like Mouse McCoy, Johnny Campbell or Steve Hengeveld. How about Malcolm Smith? What's the common factor? Yep, the Honda XR650 and its predecessors. If ignorance is bliss like they say, then you must have perma-grin :ride:. But please continue, I enjoy seeing my point of view etched in stone...SC

2006 Baja 500
1. Robby Bell, Murrieta, Calif./Kendall Norman, Santa Barbara, Calif., Honda CRF450X

"The big news in the bike class starts with Robby Bell and Kendall Norman taking the overall race win on a Precision Concetpts/American Honda CRF450X by nine minutes over teammates Steve Hengeveld and Mike Childress."

• DIGITAL_SOLDIER

Posted July 05, 2006 - 01:56 PM

This whole thread has TGT written all over it.

• clark4131

Posted July 05, 2006 - 01:58 PM

Impressive, but the results are from the Baja 500. Let's see how they do in November. If they can repeat in the big daddy, then I guess the CRF may be the new king of the desert. The trick is to turn it into a habit...SC

• robatki

Posted July 05, 2006 - 02:18 PM

SC, do you think the 450x will make the whole 1000? Do you think it was the bike that helped Robby Bell win? Maybe he rode the 450x because he wanted more bling since he is only 21.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted July 05, 2006 - 03:03 PM

Impressive, but the results are from the Baja 500. Let's see how they do in November. If they can repeat in the big daddy, then I guess the CRF may be the new king of the desert. The trick is to turn it into a habit...SC

Steve, let's not blame the 450X when team Honda chooses the 650 for the 1000. The 650 is the perfect machine for the 1000, it's a big stable bike that has big power and sure, it has proven itself that it's a bike that can go the distance time and time again but they'll have no problem pulling out their 450 when the course tightens up. Honda has a choice of weapons.. The fact that the 450x is being raced by Honda's A and B teams says a lot for the bike.

Dan :ride:

• clark4131

Posted July 05, 2006 - 03:43 PM

I've always been one to give credit where credit is due. But like I said, let's see what happens in November. Keep in mind though, one win is a fluke, two wins are a lucky coincidence, but three wins is a dynasty. I don't make the rules, but I do pay attention to them...SC

• whoops dude

Posted July 05, 2006 - 05:19 PM

I say atleast wait till the bike is released before you pass judgement. you guys are sitting here arguing over a bike that none of you have even touched.

• MountainMax

Posted July 05, 2006 - 05:59 PM

has anyone even drove the new WR yet? Im skeptical also, kinda glad i bought the 06 instead of waiting for the 07 model.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Numskull

Posted July 05, 2006 - 06:08 PM

Im not scared, my 426 will blow it away :ride:

Well maybe once I get my forks rebuilt and by them new tires and straighten my bars. :ride:

• Triumphs

Posted July 05, 2006 - 06:27 PM

2006 Baja 500
"The big news in the bike class starts with Robby Bell and Kendall Norman taking the overall race win on a Precision Concetpts/American Honda CRF450X by nine minutes over teammates Steve Hengeveld and Mike Childress."

Yes....the latter two who got lost! I wouldn't count the 650 out for the Baja 1000 in the fall. It still has the legs over the 450X. And the 450X will actually have have to finish that (twice as long) race...while the 650 can turn around and do it again! :ride:

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted July 05, 2006 - 07:27 PM

We're just havin' a good (respectful) conversation guys... Not arguing at all.. :ride:

• ARin

Posted July 05, 2006 - 09:20 PM

We're just havin' a good (respectful) conversation guys... Not arguing at all.. :ride:

indeed.

Case in point, Dan and I hate eachother with every fiber of our being, yet we still maintain civil discourse.

:ride:

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted July 06, 2006 - 05:43 AM

:ride:

• Dube2

Posted July 06, 2006 - 06:08 AM

point well taken Clark, good thread. I still plan on getin the 07 WR.

• Few

Posted July 06, 2006 - 12:50 PM

Do a search...look your self....look it up in your manual.... I have heard it all here in the past six months. So
Why does it seem that when ever I am curious about my new Yamaha's something or other and do the TT search, it's says it's busy and to come back later?
Well, I have !@#$%&* parts all over the !@#$%&* damn floor and I need to KNOW NOW! Thats why I post questions that people have seen before time and again, get tired of reading them - sorry!
Thank you to all who have responded with kind helpful advise in the past.
You are the one's who make the difference here, again thank you.

• RichBaker

Posted July 06, 2006 - 05:52 PM

Well said, Clark....I have 37 years of riding under my belt and have to agree with most of what you said! Same sort of experience, started on an Arctic Cat mini and have been riding ever since. No respect from the newbies anymore...

• jaggley

Posted July 06, 2006 - 06:08 PM

I think the point that Clark was trying to make is that he is a gaywad and he would like everyone to bask in his alternative glory. (Oh I am sure you remember that word clark-e-boy)

Start your own website with a membership of one. You can call it iamclarkeboyandiknowitall.com.

There have been a lot of names dropped in this thread who are supposed experts. I have ridden with several and ride regularly with one. They will tell you right off that they learned much of what they know by posting and reading replies. In the '80s we didn't have this tool. You rode your bike almost stock because you didn't know any better and none of your friends did either. I welcome this media and it has quickly solved a few problems and saved me money.

• clark4131

Posted July 06, 2006 - 07:26 PM

I think the point that Clark was trying to make is that he is a gaywad and he would like everyone to bask in his alternative glory. (Oh I am sure you remember that word clark-e-boy)...

Welcome to the shallow end of the gene pool boys and girls. Water wings are optional...SC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.