Repairing Cracking Frame

No replies to this topic

Posted June 30, 2006 - 02:14 PM

I Found Three Hair Line Cracks On The Frame At The Oil Tank. I Posted The Frame Cracking Concern A Week Ago. The Oil Tank Is The Only Reason That I Notice Problem. In Fact If It Was Not For The Oil Leaking And Would Not Know The Frame Was Cracking. The Cracks Are To Small To See. The Way I Tested It Is Pretty Simple.
I Just Loop The Two Bottom Fittings Together With A Hose. Cut A Metal Valve Stem Of An Old Motorcycle Tube. The Valve Stem Fits The Same Size Hose As The Vent For The Oil Tank. A Just Connected It Up A Pressurized It Like A Tube. Found The Cracks With Soapy Water Just Like Holes In A Tube. The Rest Of The Repairs Should Be Pretty Easy Now I Know Where The Cracks Are And I Can Test My Repair.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.