Posted July 10, 2006 - 02:04 PM

Let's see the pics. I'm a playa hata.

• BOLT Performance

Posted July 10, 2006 - 02:17 PM

Posted Image

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted July 10, 2006 - 02:34 PM

Let's see the pics. I'm a playa hata.

Pictures be commin' playa, just kick it fo a minute!

really, some guy offored to host them for me, I assume by his tone he thinks he'll never get them, but on Wednesday Ill have him some to post. Remember, it isn't a new bike or new technology, it is from 1992-93, so what looked very evry trick in those days, 13~14 years ago, may look dated today. I am not saying it is the trickest bike out there, Im saying it was very trick for the day. It does appear to be if not factory, it is something built by someone who knew what they were doing. Like I said before in a previous post, I am unsure of it's history, I am getting what I posted from a freind who gave it ot me, who in turn got it from rider who raced and had help from his mechanic building it. I'll know more as I contact the original builder or owner. More to come....

• BOLT Performance

Posted July 10, 2006 - 02:47 PM

Well while we are waiting:

Posted Image

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted July 10, 2006 - 02:58 PM

Nice colage, are you in New Mexico? Looks like NM terrain....nice!

• Blome

Posted July 10, 2006 - 03:00 PM

Well while we are waiting:

Posted Image

Hey boltperformance, are you the same guy I got the side panel from on ebay? The one you bought as an extra. If this isn't you totally disregard this.

P.S. Sorry for the slight highjack of your thread.

• Naru

Posted July 10, 2006 - 11:42 PM

Yup, offer still stands. Hey, I couldn't care either way if the bike exists or not; this thread was worth the price of admission alone. So, I'll keep an eye on my email Wednesday. If it doesn't show up, I'm going to have to post a picture of the freebie I got today: a running 1984 XT600. It isn't exactly the pinnacle of unobtanium, but it has a newly-upholstered seat. :ride:

• BOLT Performance

Posted July 11, 2006 - 12:16 AM

Nice colage, are you in New Mexico? Looks like NM terrain....nice!

Actually, the cool looking rocks are from Stoddard Wells, Ca near Barstow... The flat area is Ocotillo Wells near camp..

Hey boltperformance, are you the same guy I got the side panel from on ebay? The one you bought as an extra. If this isn't you totally disregard this.

Yup, thats me... You got em OK...? Small world HUH...? LOL

• Blome

Posted July 11, 2006 - 12:25 AM

Yup, thats me... You got em OK...? Small world HUH...? LOL

Thought so. You got a sweet bike my man.

• BOLT Performance

Posted July 11, 2006 - 12:42 AM

I love those old pigs... Had that once since new in 1997 (was a left over 1996 at the dealer)... Just got a 1993 XR650L I am restoring for dual sporting... Using XR600R carb on it... I get a lot of crap for the old skewl bikes... but I still rail on it and I'm gonna keep riding it... LOLOLOLOLOL

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SniperTeamBravo

Posted July 12, 2006 - 09:11 AM

Got the pics, Naru is nowhere to be found but when he responds to my PM I have a few pics. Also, now it looks like the sswingarm is stock, and this thing has KX wheels and hubs, not the whole reararm like I thought. Are there any of you out there that can look at the swingarm and veryfy this? Thanks, anything I find out about this bike is great.

• BOLT Performance

Posted July 12, 2006 - 12:21 PM

I'll host em for you buddy... send em to me at our web site !

• Naru

Posted July 12, 2006 - 09:45 PM

Nowhere to be seen my butt. I spent the day checking my email, not my PM's. How you lost my email address in my PM is odd, but either way I resent the address. I'll check tomorrow morning and post them as soon as I get them. Then, the mystery of the ancient bling XR will be solved. :ride:

• LotsOfBikes

Posted July 12, 2006 - 10:37 PM

I would LOVE to ride an XR6 like that!! It sounds like a true works racing machine, but for the desert. Bruice Ogilvie (inventer of the 650L) may have had his hands on this bike at one time, being somewhat of a factory guy himself.

This XR neeeeeeds to be racing. Racing is its purpose.

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted July 13, 2006 - 06:57 AM

It is intresting how into hacking on someone who also loves motorcycles some of you guys on this thread are. If it is because you feel this is a shit post, you are wrong. I don;t intend to represent this bike as anything other than what I was told it was, and what that really is I don;t know yet. I just posted what the owner who gave it to me told me. If he misunderstood what the builder/ previous owner told him I don;t know. But it remains, you guys seem to be having a real good time giving me shit over the whole thing, whats up with that? I am simply an enthused motorcycle rider who has been riding since 1968 and love motorcycles and is enthused about this bike not only because it was free, that really doesn;t matter. But because it is a really trick XR. And I love XRs. If you have something better, faster, cleaner, more modern, Man, youre cool. So if you fell better by hacking on me and my post, go for it. If it makes you feel like a big man and feel it makes you lokm like you know more than me about motorcycles go for it.

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted July 13, 2006 - 07:04 AM

I would LOVE to ride an XR6 like that!! It sounds like a true works racing machine, but for the desert. Bruice Ogilvie (inventer of the 650L) may have had his hands on this bike at one time, being somewhat of a factory guy himself.

This XR neeeeeeds to be racing. Racing is its purpose.

I really doubt it is what I was told it was but I will find out. I found only Dakar bikes when trying to investigate this one, and Im not knowlageable enough about it to know if the desert bikes were similar, but they, as far as lighting goes (the dakar bikes) have the stock headlight, and a round driving light to the right of it, an oil cooler up front, and thats it, except for a few that look just like mine with a single round in the center, but with a larger (if you can beleive that) Alloy tank. They all seem to have an L at the end of the XR600 also!? Whats the deal with that? Plus, and this I can only speculate on, an alluminum fuel tank. I guess it is for weight and that it dents in a crash instead of cracks? Mayby one of the desert guys who actually knows can tell me.

• x400r

Posted July 13, 2006 - 07:07 AM

where da pics?

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted July 13, 2006 - 07:15 AM

It is intresting how into hacking on someone who also loves motorcycles some of you guys on this thread are. If it is because you feel this is a shit post, you are wrong. I don;t intend to represent this bike as anything other than what I was told it was, and what that really is I don;t know yet. I just posted what the owner who gave it to me told me. If he misunderstood what the builder/ previous owner told him I don;t know. But it remains, you guys seem to be having a real good time giving me shit over the whole thing, whats up with that? I am simply an enthused motorcycle rider who has been riding since 1968 and love motorcycles and is enthused about this bike not only because it was free, that really doesn;t matter. But because it is a really trick XR. And I love XRs. If you have something better, faster, cleaner, more modern, Man, youre cool. So if you fell better by hacking on me and my post, go for it. If it makes you feel like a big man and feel it makes you lokm like you know more than me about motorcycles go for it.

I have been watching this thread, and I don't understand all the hacking either. :ride:

getting a free bike is cool, getting a free tricked out bike is even cooler!
I just want to see some pics of the thing. :ride:

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted July 13, 2006 - 07:30 AM

Nowhere to be seen my butt. I spent the day checking my email, not my PM's. How you lost my email address in my PM is odd, but either way I resent the address. I'll check tomorrow morning and post them as soon as I get them. Then, the mystery of the ancient bling XR will be solved. :ride:

Pictures sent, now you, Boltperformance, Bajabound, and Motogoalie can have a hackfest crapping all over my bike. I am sure because of it's condition and all of your previous posts thats exactly what you'll do. But I manned up and sent the pics, just like I said I'd do, even though I knew exactly what you guys would do since that seems to be what you are waiting to do.
Have fun, theres the bike. Have a total blast!

• jwriott

Posted July 13, 2006 - 07:37 AM

Or you could have just posted the link from supermotojunkie. :ride:

http://www.supermoto...?t=18311&page=2

I remember back in the early 90's, some guys would come out to Limon Colorado for the qualifiers on really tricked out XR600R's. They were fast as all hell through the special test on those pigs.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  132 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.