Powernow And Powernow Plus

5 replies to this topic
  • dwnlowx

Posted June 30, 2006 - 01:03 AM

Is Powernow And Powernow Plus Systems Worth Getting And Do You Need To Re Jet The Bike For Those Products,any Input Is Geat

• Fastest1

Posted June 30, 2006 - 03:51 AM

You dont need to rejet for the power now. It does help with low end and starting, dont know about the power now plus. You can make the power now for cheap. Look it up in the archives for measurements.

• comrade_yzf

Posted June 30, 2006 - 07:52 AM

Someone on here said its not worth the 100 bucks unless you already have your engine upgraded to the max. Id put the money into other things like a boyesen water pump or big bore kit(not that the 450 needs it).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MxHuggy

Posted June 30, 2006 - 11:27 AM

I had it on my 450 and now on my 250, its ok. I really cant tell if it does as advertised but I will say...compared to my friends YZF's my bike has always been the easiest to start. Put the $100 into suspension mods.

• Ga426owner

Posted June 30, 2006 - 01:03 PM

I had it on my 450 and now on my 250, its ok. I really cant tell if it does as advertised but I will say...compared to my friends YZF's my bike has always been the easiest to start. Put the $100 into suspension mods.

Whats happening Ron..you must be healed up now..... :ride:

Power now works ok...it is not a major change power wise but throttle is crisper and seems to help with starting...JD Jet kit is a bigger bang for the buck.....in my opinion

Powernow did not affect my jetting

• aford541

Posted July 01, 2006 - 08:24 AM

On my 05 I had the carb and the head done and used the powernows in front and back, with the White brothers carbon pro stock head pipe the bike actually had too much low RPM snap so I put the stock head pipe on to soften the bottom end response.
It was killer though I'm 240 and on that bike you could come out of the gate in second and immediately shift to third then 4th and the bike would not bog at all. My final gearing was 13/49 instead of 14/51 one tooth lower.
I have the powernows on the 06 but the motor is stock and it seems to be perfect, it is a little softer off the bottom so it does not wheelie everywhere when you open the throttle.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.