Axle blocks don't line up when put new chain!

23 replies to this topic
  • jamiehughes

Posted July 08, 2006 - 09:00 AM

the stock ones don't let the axle turn and neither do the aftermarket ones, they just look cooler and let you have more adjustment, and the marks are more defined. they might be stronger i don't know.

• barch88

Posted July 08, 2006 - 10:17 AM

People say the aftermarket ones are more accurate...meh, stock ones are fine for me.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fastdaddy

Posted July 15, 2006 - 07:26 PM

The best way that I have found to get the most acurate adjusment is to measure from the center of the swing arm bolt to the center of the axle on both sides and get an even measurment. A tape will work, a metal yard stick with a hole drilled in one end and a bolt that will fit in your swing arm with a nut on the other side of the yard stick is better, and a sag setter is the best.
I havn't found axle blocks that are as accurate as of yet.

• grayracer513

Posted July 15, 2006 - 09:12 PM

The advantages of aftermarket blocks are, most of them:

They are more clearly in finer increments, but their accuracy still depends on the marks on the swing arm being in the right place, so....

They usually have an extended contact point with the adjuster bolts, which lets you run the bolts screwed farther in than would otherwise be the case, and makes the bolts less subject to bending as a result.

Some of them are made in such as way that they can simply be rotated 180 degrees after a gearing change and then require a minimum amount of readjustment in the chain tension, which can speed things up in the pits at times.

They are, of course, bling.

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.