YZ Side panels on a WR

6 replies to this topic

Posted June 29, 2006 - 05:12 PM

Does anyone know if the YZ number plates will fit on a WR? I remember getting some YZ plastic by mistake once and it did not fit. For some reason I think it was the side panels.

• clark4131

Posted June 29, 2006 - 06:28 PM

The YZ left side panel is the problem due to the side access to the WR airbox...SC

Posted June 29, 2006 - 06:33 PM

That is what I was thinking. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • black_n_blue_thumper

Posted June 29, 2006 - 09:56 PM

They go on very easy with very minor modifications.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted June 29, 2006 - 09:58 PM

• Asgeir

Posted June 30, 2006 - 01:28 AM

What is the mod ?

It is not clear on the pictures.

picture 9501402433.jpg is not working

Posted June 30, 2006 - 05:19 AM

It looks like you cut the airbox cover.
Good Idea but not an option for me.
The reason I am getting the YZ plastic is that I am tired of peeling number off the bike between races and dual sporting trips. I want two sets of plastic of course the YZ for racing.

I know it seems to be more trouble but I like the idea of not risking the headlight and tail light during the race.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.