wr450ft plated in CO

2 replies to this topic
  • knucklehead

Posted June 29, 2006 - 03:13 PM


i plated my 450 this afternoon in colorado and since i see a lot of discussion in this forum i figured i would share my experience.
first - colorado doesnt give titles to off road bike (non title state) - so i had to call and request an MSO from the dealer which looks like a title.
next - i had to get insurance (progrssive online $75)
next - i had to get a VIN inspection. the cop didnt check for DOT tires, lights, nothing just the VIN. i told him i must title the bike due to the type of loan i have.
next - i went to the DMV and signed a paper saying the bike is now road legal (a lie) but i dont care cause im crazy!
after that i paid $95 and got the tag. i dont even have a motorcycle license - she never ask.
documents i had to have - bill of sale, security agreement b/c its financed, proof of insurance, and MSO.

i hope this helps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thumper_Bloke

Posted June 29, 2006 - 03:35 PM


Good job, you crazy knuckle head :ride:

Does Colorado require an endorsement to the standard drivers license?

  • knucklehead

Posted June 29, 2006 - 04:09 PM


the motorcycle permit is good for three years and comes as a seperate license.
i'm not sure what happens after you pass the driving test.


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.