Buying 2003 wr 450 hopefully

3 replies to this topic
  • jcburni

Posted June 29, 2006 - 12:12 PM

I'm writing from Vancouver Canada. I'm wondering if $5900 Canadian is to much for a 2003 wr 450. The bike hasn't been ridden very much but does have a lot of scratches in the plastic. It still has original tires and sprockets in excellant shape and the paint is barely worn on the frame. It just seems like 5900 is too much. I offered 5200 and he said no. Should I walk away and be patient or should I pay the 5900?
:ride:
I'm also wondering how much of a pain in the butt would it be for me to import a bike into Canada from the USA.??
Thanks for any help :ride:

• old man dan

Posted June 29, 2006 - 12:25 PM

Sounds like a lot, I'd hold out for an 04 or 05 unless you can get that one down to 5Kish. I've heard of quite a few people buying in Washington and Oregon lately. Even after taxes and duty it seem to be a pretty good deal. The dollar is pretty high right now compared to US$.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 150 Fuelie

Posted June 29, 2006 - 12:45 PM

I paid $3,800 (US funds) for a spotless 04 here in the states.

• lavoie du christ

Posted June 29, 2006 - 12:51 PM

i am from canada too and i ve paid 3800$ for mine. Bike seems brand new, but i have lot's of problems with it. IT doesnt run well and nothing fix it as usual on every WR i've had. It seems a personnal afair between WR's and i though, i've heard they're strong bike! Each time i buy a wr i have to sell it 1 month later.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.